#24DaysOfRum Day 15

We hope you enjoyed the previous rum and the accompanying discussions :yum::tumbler_glass:

Did you already try today‘s rum? What are your guesses? Leave your comments below. As usual, we will release the name of today’s rum at 21:00.

In case you do not want to join the quiz, we can also provide you with a full list of all calendar rums.

Today's rum is:

you have one shot…sorry, one try :wink:

Distillerie du Simon HSE Black Sheriff One Shot, 4 years, 40% | RumX

Did you recognise it? Please leave your comments and thoughts below

Agricole , guessing Martinique . Maybe Clement?

4 Likes

Da schließe ich mich an: Wieder ein Agricole. Vermutlich >10 Jahre. Extreme Gras und Pflanzennoten. Leder, Holz und Bitterstoffe.
Mein Tipp: J. Bally.

6 Likes

Von der ersten Nase her hätte ich fast gesagt es ist der dritte Appelton, aber die zweite widerlegt das. Grasig, Leder auch leicht dreckig. Der Gaumen ist nicht meins, verwässert, ca.45%, bitter und holzig. Würde auch auf nen Agricole tippen, oder nen schlechten Caroni.:rofl::see_no_evil:

5 Likes

Nase: heute leider zu :see_no_evil: agricole, erdig, gras, geröstet

G: grass, erdig, agricole, dünn, geröstet, vanille, nussig

F: eiche, tannine, vanille, gras, astrigend

Ich tippe auf einen agricole (saint james oder depaz…) ca. 5-10 Jahre, 45%

6 Likes

Nase: Früchte, Vanille, Junges Holz, Aprikose, Kaffee, Kräuter

8 Jahre
Agricole
52%
80/100

3 Likes

Ich bin auch wieder bei Agricole.
Nase typisch grasig, kräuterig, aber auch irgendwie fruchtig, Richtung Rotwein.
Gaumen: ähnlich der Nase, aber ist da überhaupt Alkohol drin? Wirkt für mich deutlich verdünnt.

4 Likes

Very first scent reminded me of Barbados (vanilla, bourbon), but then the agricole profile opened up with the fresh, grassy en vegetal notes. Alcohol is either not that high or integrated very well, but I would guess around 45%. Bittersweet woody finish.
Said it before, so why not again: Saint-James? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes
Today's rum is:

you have one shot…sorry, one try :wink:

Distillerie du Simon HSE Black Sheriff One Shot, 4 years, 40% | RumX

1 Like

Sorry for being late…haven’t checked any comment yet :slight_smile:

Nice amber to brown-ish color.

Nose: great opening with apples, spices (pepper, ginger, aniseed perhaps)…then wood as a nice background, with a subtle hint of acetone on the finish. As time goes by, it slowly opens up, revealing possibly some coconut notes

Palate: delicate, almost muted in comparison to the nose…still pepper-y and mildly fruity, more like sweet white grapes and coconut shavings.

Nice warmth feeling when sipped…ABV could be on the 54/56%

Finish: medium, with raisins, light vanilla and a touch of spices.

Did I called it yesterday?? For me, really seems a Bajan rum, Foursquare (ECS series?) or eventually Mount Gay.

2 Likes

I might have taken the wrong sample…:joy: or the third dose of the Covid vaccine is doing its thing! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I agree with you…I had to gobble my sample, as my kids were doing a mess around the house :joy:.

After some time, it really opens up and you can definitely get the herbal and grassy notes.

3 Likes

I got those notes too, once at least got the right impression.

3 Likes