April Tasting Lottery: Win Rum Sponge Sets & Join an Exclusive Online Tasting! 🎉

Bin auch raus heute. Es ist Jahrestag und ich darf den Abend mit der besseren Hälfte verbringen :wink: Euch viel Spaß

5 Likes

I made it back in time to Cologne :sunglasses:.

Ready when you are

10 Likes

Aaaah that’s nice :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Enjoy! Great initiative that motivates to participate in the forum and in the Rumx-App!

2 Likes

Amazing to see many people attending. Awesome insights by Angus and I appreciate the discussions. Awesome event.

Thank you @Oliver for making this event possible.

16 Likes

New rarity discovered: Kevin’s Rum shelf :smile:

5 Likes

I might never emotionally recover from missing this :sob: :laughing:

7 Likes

I hear there might be more opportunities in the future to participate :speak_no_evil:

5 Likes

Let’s get together in a support group :sob::rofl:

4 Likes

It was a very tasty tasting evening with you guys and a lot of fun! Thanks for all the lively participation and a big thank you to Angus and @Jakob for the excellent hosting!

We are really looking forward to the next online community event! :partying_face::tumbler_glass:

11 Likes

I am confused… Which Clarendon und FS from Rum Sponge did we really taste? People add tastings to different rums (happened to me as well) and the rums in the initial post in this thread do not match to tastings added. RX13416 or RX16126? RX15617 or RX16127?

2 Likes

There were indeed some misleading information in the RX ID. If you look at the picture of the bottle split above, they do not match the pictures of the bottles displayed on the app. The true bottles / RX ID that you tasted are the ones displayed on the samples that you received :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks Oliver and Jacob for this event. Very interesting and nice to see and hear all the participants. I’m very interested if you decide to do it again.

Did you all opened the bottles long before the testing for oxidation or did you opened just for the event ?

4 Likes

Thanks Oliver and Jakob for organizing the event. It was a nice opportunity to see some of the community members. I just got my samples today but I’m happy I called in anyway to listen to insights about the rums before I do my own little tasting:)

8 Likes

@Tim that’s why also was confused and asked the question regarding the FS ABV. At the end I added 2/5 wrong samples in the beginning so I had to add the correct ones. Not seeing the bottle picture also confused me but I trusted the printed RX.

4 Likes

In fact, there was a slight discrepancy in the shipment we received from Angus. In this photo you can see the bottles we received for the tasting lottery:

So these are exactly the rums that were described on the sample labels. I apologize for the confusion. :innocent::raised_hands:t3:

8 Likes

With pleasure. Thank you for the numerous participation from you! :partying_face::tumbler_glass:

I poured the rums about 30 minutes before tasting and let them breathe covered. This creates the best tasting experience in my opinion.

9 Likes