Best rum releases 2021 - rum of the year

After thinking one more day about this topic and checking my Lists. I must completely rewrite them :smiley:
Found out that the V&M Spirit of Art Series #1 came out in January of 2021. So there go all my Top Spots basically. Definitely into the top 3 with the Ester’s Delight and the Foursquare they brought out in their first series. Those could also get the best value-for-money-Spots (107 and 120€), but I can see that not everybody is able to get hands on such “rare” Bottles.

So my top Spot for best value for money goes to Plantation One Time Limited Trinidad. Insane quality for a 50€ Rum.

2 Likes

Best value for money

RA Fiji
RumClub Australia

Best taste for me
RA HD89
RA rockley 86

Best sipper (even though quite expensive for a sipper but i could drink that one everyday)
Rumclub HD 92

Most expensive i tried this year
Rumclub Gardel 83

Best agricole for me but did not try that many released this year
Lmdw 2006 bally

All in all a fun rum year

3 Likes

Hi,

You are right. The Plantation One Time Limited Trinidad has a fantastic P/L. Bought two bottles for 48€ each. A lot of rum for small money.

3 Likes

based on your favourite rums mentioned above, I have created two polls, the first is about the best rum overall, the second is about the best value for money rum, which I have limited at about 90 EUR. I have to admit, that it is a bit tricky, as some rums could be in both categories. But please bear in mind, it is just a “fun” poll. I would be happy about a large number of participants :grinning: One vote per category, the poll will run for a week until next Sunday.

Best rum overall

• Chairman’s Reserve St. Lucia Master Nectar 2005 15 yrs
  • Excellence Rhum TDL 2003 18 yrs
  • Levy Lane Tamosi Karaya PM 1998 22 yrs
  • Rum Artesanal Clarendon EMB 1995 26 yrs
  • Rum Artesanal Enmore REV 1994 27 yrs
  • Rum Artesanal HD HGML 1989 31 yrs
  • Rum Artesanal WIRD Rockley 1986 34 yrs
  • Spirit of Rum RumClub Gardel 1983 38 yrs
  • Valinch & Malet Spirit of Art LP 2005 15 yrs
  • Velier FS Sassafrass 2006 14 yrs

0 voters

Best value for money rum

• Habitation Velier MHOBA 2017 4 yrs
  • Isla del Ron South Pacific Fiji 2001 19 yrs
  • Plantation Bardstown LP 1998 22 yrs
  • Plantation One Time TDL 2009 12 yrs
  • Rasta Morris WP 2010 11 yrs
  • Rum Artesanal South Pacific Fiji 2001 20 yrs
  • Sample X Travellers Belize 2007 13 yrs
  • Spirit of Rum RumClub Australia 2007 14 yrs
  • Spirit of Rum RumClub Nanny 2020
  • The Duchess Australia 2007 13 yrs

0 voters

6 Likes

The race is close between the RA HD HGML 89 and the RA WIRD Rockley 86. It is the chance to weigh in for those that have not yet voted :wink: The poll will close tomorrow afternoon.

…and the winners are

best rum overall: RA HD HGML 1989

best value for money rum: IdR Fiji 2001

:trophy::1st_place_medal::partying_face:

thanks very much to all of you who shared your 2021 personal favourites and participated in the poll! I enjoyed this discussion very much!

10 Likes

Würdige Gewinner :sunglasses::+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes