Live from Salon du Rum Spa 2022

My plans for Salon du Rhum did not work due to a flu infection in my family. Finally, I could join the first day only, could not stay overnight in Spa and the worse: I had to drive back directly from there.
So I had a limit of 4 tastings a 1cl only in the first hour and no alcohol in the next 3-4 hours. Not the best starting point for a rum festival :sob:
But I enjoyed it as far as possible. The location is very nice and also the atmosphere was good.
And it was great to meet Tom there :wink:

8 Likes

10 Likes

I had a very nice time at the Dram Mor yesterday. Nice guy and very good stuff.

4 Likes

We did as well today. Kenny is gold :yellow_heart:

6 Likes

Velier/Hampden masterclass by Daniele Biondi

7 Likes

10 Likes

I’m glad they put this into table format. Genius. :nerd_face:

5 Likes

It was just a quick selection of pictures… what info do you want? :sweat_smile:

Highlights

8 Likes

Nevermind, I was just mocking the fact that every table row is identical, which makes the use of the table format somewhat pointless.

Thanks for the pics and the reports! :blush:

2 Likes

The (Velier) Hampden masterclass was actually really great for rum nerds like us/this community.
It was like a history rum lesson combined with chemistry and a personal travel blog.
I can’t even come close to repeating everything Daniele said, but it felt like hanging on the lips of a teacher and feeling a bit let down when class was over, wanting more :nerd_face::sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Towards the end of the masterclass I quickly went to the collector stand for the two last rums on my list: the 1990 C<>H and the 2018 HLCF. The 5 unaged ones were OWH, LROK, HLCF, C<>H and DOK. And then Daniele poured the 2010 HLCF.
I liked every single one of them. It was interesting to taste them next to each other.

But to be honest: my palate was already messed up from tasting so many things. And by that time I was definitely not sober anymore. Nonetheless I enjoyed it very, very much.

And to finish: mandatory haul photo

It was a great weekend :heart:

Cheers guys

:tumbler_glass:

18 Likes

A very fine yield​:+1::+1:

3 Likes

Exceptional rums, enjoy every drop. Cheers!

4 Likes

thanks for the updates! The Salon du Rum seems to be the best fair for my taste, it’s not focussed on the super exclusive bottlings as the Whisky Live and has more IBs than the GRF.

Are there affordable accommodations near there during the fair?

2 Likes

Yes, the town of Spa is a tourist spot. So it’s quite easy to find a hotel or something like that (for example trough booking.com). We did it as well this year.

Definitely going back next year.

But now first Spirits in the sky next month in Brussels :grin:

2 Likes