Live from Whisky Live Paris 2022

Starting big on Sunday…

Some FYI: The HES will only be released in the Magnum bottle, another one in the regular bottle might follow in 2 years. Profile ist definitely interesting - HES stands for Hampden Estate Sugar by the way since a bit of remaining sugar is included in the fermentation process next to the Molasses (hoping I got everything correctly at the booth)…

16 Likes

10 Likes

Sneak peak at upcoming Velier releases…

14 Likes

12 Likes

Very interesting. What is the ester concentration in this one?

1 Like

253,5gr/hlpa - really well enjoyable.

5 Likes

Caroni Masterclass with Steffen Mayer and Pietro Caputo

17 Likes

@Oliver und @Jakob: Habe gestern gerade mit einem Rumbuddy gerätselt, wann der Neisson 2005 rauskommt. Seit ihr da auf der Messe schlauer geworden?
Er ist im Sommer mal auf der Velier Website gespoilert worden, dürfte aber nicht über die LMDW-Schiene kommen.
Danke!

Hi Joachim, bei Neisson gab es neben der „Standardrange“ den Nonaginta sowie einen 15 und einen 18jährigen zu verkosten (Armadas wohl auch, aber den hab ich nicht probieren können). Also keine konkreten News zum 2005er - ich habe aber auch nicht explizit nachgefragt.

2 Likes

Hi Jakob,
der 15 ans war eh der von mir gemeinte, ist aus 2005 (batch #3 ist aus 2004).
Und da will auch schon jemand drehen…
Rhum Neisson 15 ans BATCH 4 - Limited Édition 90 Ans No Caroni Velier | eBay
Batch #3 ist ein Hammer, war aber vor 2 Wochen auch noch zum Originalpreis bei LMDW erhältlich, ich glaub da muss man nichts überstürzen.

Okay, also der 15y lohnt sich. Der kam durch die Bank sehr gut ab bei allen, die ihn probiert haben und mit denen ich darüber gesprochen habe.

1 Like

It’s a pity that even the HV Line of Velier develops towards the Collectors Only direction. After having shaped the rum boom nearly all their releases in the last years aren’t made for drinking by regular rum nerds. Without our bottle splits those release are absolutely unattainable.

7 Likes

The fame of the past years and the hope of doing business makes them sell many bottles, and quickly. But in the end, personally the Velier bottlings are not the ones that have been thrilling me lately and when I read articles or discuss with other nerds, I see that it’s a pretty shared opinion… They rely a lot on what they have done in the past but what they are doing now is not exceptional, far from it.
But in their defense, back then there were also fewer releases, less bottlings… so it’s also harder to stand out today.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

5 Likes

In my opinion, in older days Velier WAS the new great stuff for connoisseurs, nowadays it is the biggest thing primary for collectors and reseller (who exist in symbiosis).

You have to offer nice collector-editions on the market to trigger these collector-guys & to earn easy money on 1. & 2. market. Not only the IB have recognized this in meantime…:wink:

Meanwhile it even works with Agricole - not only in France, also in Germany!!:joy: Look e.g. at the release of Saint James Les Epheremes 1: 3.500 bottles have been sold out quickly (worldwide)! And that regardless of the fact, that (compaired e.g. to Neisson) Saint James wasn’t the greatest stuff in the Agricole-scene so far. Crazy.
The very good rated “stand alone” Brut de Fut 2013 released by Dillon this year in March (11 years younger, but imho much better!! 1.750 bottles) is still available. No surprise for me!:wink:

8 Likes

Look e.g. at the release of Saint James Les Epheremes 1: 3.500 bottles have been sold out quickly (worldwide)! And that regardless of the fact, that (compaired e.g. to Neisson) Saint James wasn’t the greatest stuff in the Agricole-scene so far. Crazy.
The very good rated “stand alone” Brut de Fut 2013 released by Dillon this year in March (11 years younger, but imho much better!! 1.750 bottles) is still available. No surprise for me!

:+1:

(I had a discussion with a st James agent last Friday and he told me the next releases will Be at around 2500 releases and the 2006 even less So that will Be even more difficult to find it - 2006 is Often à great millésime in Martinique Agricole)

6 Likes