New addition to the rum shelf

also received my colorful set. thank you <3

18 Likes

Der 1. Kauf im neuem Jahr :heart::jamaica::heart:
Danke @NH43 für deine Unterstützung

21 Likes

Heute zufällig in Dortmund entdeckt (75€)!
:grin:

19 Likes

Für den Preis direkt mitnehmen! <3
Glückwunsch

4 Likes

Darf ich fragen welcher Shop Dortmund? Lg

3 Likes

Klar,

Weinhaus H. Hilgering
Westenhellweg

Eigentlich sind die auf Whisky spezialisiert, besitzen aber auch eine kleine Rum-Ecke!

Laut Aussage vom Eigentümer soll aber in den nächsten 2 Monaten alles erweitert werden!

Kommst Du auch aus der Gegend?

6 Likes

Hi. Danke. Komme aus Bochum. Bin immer auf der Suche nach Shops wo man auch mal vor Ort kaufen kann. Macht einfach mehr Spaß vor Ort zu stöbern :innocent: Leider sind im Ruhrgebiet nicht viele Shops mit Fassstärke Rums. Daher freu ich mich über jede Anlaufstelle.

6 Likes

Found these two beauties a couple of days ago for a really good price:

25 Likes

@DevidedByZero wow! A GH19 for a fair price is very rare.

6 Likes

@NH43 yes indeed. I’d say 149€ + shipping is extremely fair. And I’m glad the SpiritRadar alert didn’t catch it before I did. I can imagine there must be quite a few alerts on this bottle.

11 Likes

That’s a pretty fair price indeed for a gh19 :open_mouth:

4 Likes

oh my gosh that price is out of this world. Wishing you lots of fun with the bottle.

It´s the only one of the GH series I was never able to try, no one seems to split, which might be reasonable considering the prices offered.

5 Likes

Great deal. Still looking for GH2019.

3 Likes

Considering the hype about (respectively the first market-availability of) GH 2021 and 2022, from today’s point of view, it’s absolutely(!) unbelievable, that back in 2019 you could do a quality-check of the “new distillery release” in peace & harmony and then you had 5 months at minimum to order it again at retail price (if necessary)!:rofl:

14 Likes

I can propose a split on this hampden GH19. I got a bottle at 93€ two weeks ago (my seller, as usual… :wink: )
If you want me to split, you like the post and if I get enough likes, I’ll split and buy a GH20 or 21 to replace the 2019. I think he still has some.

32 Likes

That would be awesome.

You are a legend @Rodolphe

13 Likes

likelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelike likelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelike :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Thks :wink:
A legend is a bit exaggerated for a GH19 :joy:
By the way, I found the Hampden estate full proof batch 1 to be just as good as the GH19… I know that prices don’t correlate with what you think of it when you drink it, but when I see people paying this much for this rum, I really don’t understand :sweat_smile:
I didn’t think so many people were interested! I’ll ask my seller next week to see if he has another GH for me and offer a split on the GH19.

13 Likes

You’re right in my opinion.
The flavour profile of GH 19 might be a little bit different in direct comparison to Overproof Batch 1 (a bit more funk & fruit, but -of course- also not an ester bomb), but it wasn’t really a step up in quality.
For retail price both were pretty good low ester Jamaicans.
Nevertheless the (on secundary market cheaper tropical aged low ester) Habitation Velier Lrok 67% was on a higher level for me those days.

And therefore I would advise everyone to buy a bottle of Overproof Batch 1 (or HV LFCH) & a bottle of HV LROK 67% instead of buying GH 19 for more than 250 Euro…

9 Likes

The hunt was rather rewarding today. Last bottle in the store for all except for the DOK.

The owner of SpiritBomb was very nice. We had a good chat about rum and he offered me quite a few samples. I will definitely visit his store again the next time I’m in town.

29 Likes