(Rum) Shopping in Paris

Hi guys, I am in Paris for a few hours this Thursday. Any „insider info“ on rum shops where rare bottles could be found? At Rhum Excellence and LMDW I assume they only have bottles in store that are on their website anyway. Rhum Excellene e.g. had the Nobilis Long Pond 2000 only in store but it’s sold out unfortunately … and of course already on rumauctioneer :smirk:

2 Likes

Hi Chris,
I would strongly recommend to pass by LMDW Odeon. Even if you don’t grab the 4K Albion it is worth a visit. When I was there I had a nice chat with the staff and got a decent sample.
Â’Rhum in the Marais is similar. Behind some glass they had Velier Demeraras etc. but naturally very expensive. The chat included also a nice sample.
Try also the booze department at La Grande Epicerie next to Le Bon Marchè.
Generally “normal” rum is more expensive than in Germany or Austria but the shops have a decent selection for the sophisticated rum lover.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tips, unfortunately it turns out that I can’t go rum shopping :frowning: since the Deutsche Bahn is on strike and my train tomorrow is already cancelled I have to fly back from CDG and with the short time in between (I arrive at ORY) I don’t have the time and probably it’s also not that easy to get 10 bottles on a plane :smiley: … so it’ll just be a business trip this time.

Let me know next time you will come, I’m living there (or someone else) : by the way, LMDW Odeon and Excellence Rhum got bottles which are sometimes sold out on their website. So it is really nice to get them afterwards. But they miss main independant bottlers (Nobilis, Rum Artesanal, RomdeLuxe, etc…) or they have really few bottles and more expensive than in Germany.

3 Likes

I’ll be in / close by Paris in the first week of August. Are there any new recommendations?

3 Likes

La Maison du Rhum maybe?

Disclaimer: haven’t been there myself, but it looks promising.

4 Likes

I would visit excellence rhum shop as there are some bottles available only in the shop (not via web). Would you mind to buy one for me and then ship? :grinning:

4 Likes

Check if Cave Gargantua is open also : but for all of them, don’t think you will find unicorns, cause you are in Paris, lot of peoples there collecting. so bad I won’t be there 1st week of august to meet you.

4 Likes

Yes, what a pitty!

2 Likes

Go for Excellence Rhum and give their upcoming Bielle’s a try. :wink:
Curious about them.

4 Likes

And on this occasion, please count how many Eminente 2012 they still have there :sweat_smile: They do not seem to get rid of them.

5 Likes

First day in Paris downtown and bad luck at LMDR :tired_face:

8 Likes

Damn, really too bad :confused: Have a good time in Paris anyway!

3 Likes

Na dann mal ab ins 17. :joy:

4 Likes

There are a few other shops where you’ll find some nice things :

• A’rhum,
  • LMDW,
  • Excellence Rhum,
  • Cave Gargantua,
  • Christian de Montaguere
  • etc.

And you’ll find really nice rums and cocktails at the 1802 bar :cocktail:

13 Likes

Success at Excellence Rhum!

Large and good selection of aged and unaged r(h)um!

Tasted the Ricci Zodiac 2023 Hampden Panama Blend (59.3%)
and got myself a bottle, not cheap but really an interesting blend!

19 Likes

Did you taste their recent Eminente releases ?

3 Likes

No, as we where on the way to the trainstation there wasn’t plenty of time. But the Eminente bottles where still presented in the shops window…

4 Likes