What are you drinking / random rum talk

And what are your thoughts on them? I‘m put off a bit by the high price tag of 45€ compared to some great whites at or below 30€

5 Likes

The jamaicain: it is a perfect solvent. I will keep a few drops to remove the label from the bottle. On a more serious note, this is the very usual profile but it lacks the fruitiness to counterbalance the solvent. I much prefer the white WP from rum nation as it is much more fruity.
The Vietnamese: really very surprising. On blind taste we all admitted that we could have confused it with a traditional fruit spirit. But at the same time it has a greedy pastry side. It is really a profile that I did not know. A kind of cherry and banana baba… The nose is amazing and the rum is good but I’m afraid it will become sickening.
The Ghanaian: it has a nose close to the French agricole ones, but more discreet. In mouth it is better than the nose, more intense. In the end it is a bit like an agricole but without the citrus fruits, with a nice sweetness. The least good nose but the one I preferred in mouth.

In the end: 55€ on the French market. It’s expensive for what it is. Even if we see more and more white rums reaching this amount, we still find other white rums as good for a little less (between 35€ and 45€). But I’m still happy to have been able to taste the Vietnamese which is a real surprise!
(for those who wish I can put a few centiliters aside and send a sample with a next split, don’t hesitate to ask, we shared the bottles with my friends and I kept the Vietnamese and half of the NY).

18 Likes

Zehnmal S.B.S. darunter ein echtes Beast und dazu Türchen Nummer 1, war ganz schön viel heute, die nachfolgenden Bewertungen verschieben sich auf morgen :grin:

16 Likes

Mein erster Depaz…was soll ich sagen, schon ziemlich gut…ein wenig fruchtiger als die anderen die ich von der Insel bisher hatte. :+1:

16 Likes

Komme gerade vom Rum und Schokolade Tasting aus dem Rum Depot und die gezeigte Kombi ist schon episch. Die DOK der Schokolade :sunglasses:

15 Likes

Habe gerade eine Flasche bestellt :blush:

6 Likes

21 Likes

Sampling the Hampden GH 2022, pairing the rum with a Fonseca No.1 from 2004. Enjoy your weekend. :slightly_smiling_face:

21 Likes

I feel… MaltMate tonight :smiley:

InterWhisky Frankfurt am Main

9 Likes

Heute gibt es zwei Hampden DOK und den RumX-Rum :yum:

16 Likes

Hoffentlich die DOKs zuerst um einen sauberen Gaumen zu haben :joy:

7 Likes

Ich habe heute den Rum Club HD 1990 verkostet. Meine Wertung findet ihr in der App.
Ich versuche den Preis nicht in mein Urteil einfließen zu lassen (dann wäre eine andere Wertung herausgekommen). Aber ein Wermutstropfen ist doch schon dabei.

20 Likes

12 Likes

Pirámides Extra :star_struck:

6 Likes

Don’t understand why this rum is so badly rated !!!

12 Likes

Cheers Freunde… gehe mal wieder fremd :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

Me neither … i got spare bottles

1 Like

Moi j’ai pas du tout accroché avec les deux sortis à ce moment là. Alors que j’aime bien les clairins non vieillis. J’ai trouvé que le vieillissement n’avait rien apporté de plaisant. Il y en à un des deux (et je me demande si c’est pas celui la) qui m’a evoqué les bouillons de légumes Maggi. :sweat_smile: Je sais c’est vraiment étrange! Il va peut être falloir que je fouille dans mon passé et que j’aille voir un professionnel me direz vous… :grin:
Les gouts et les couleurs…

5 Likes

Did someone taste the new Nobilis releases yet? I’m very curious about the Long Pond and the Uitvlugt.

3 Likes

11 Likes