Whiskymessen.dk in Kolding, Dänemark

Yeah I can see that. But 2022 - 1980 is 42… on the label it sais 37yo. What happened between 2017 and 2022? Steel tank or bottles in a warehouse or…?

1 Like

Guessing bottles in the warehouse :blush:

1 Like

I have to admit that the 1954 Royal Navy Rum is exceptionally good and I’m happy they openened up one for this event :tumbler_glass::heart:

15 Likes

250 what? €? I saw this one at rum auctioneer and was fascinated.

3 Likes

I‘d guess DKK per sample

4 Likes

I want one :frowning: aber den gibt’s bestimmt auch beim Rumfestival 2023 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

DKK :heart_eyes::tumbler_glass:

3 Likes

Cool, das ist schon ein Stück Geschichte im Glas

1 Like

A nice day has ended.

A total of 1400+ different samples of Rum and Whisky’s on the plate and not enough time to try all the things you wanted to :crazy_face:

Brought home 5 exciting samples that I will score during next week:
Wild Series Rum Origin No. 1 Belize Draw 1
Wild Series Rum Origin No. 2 Belize Draw 5
Wild Series Rum Origin No. 3 Guyana DLR

TDSC Colombian Rum 30YO Juuls Single Cask 2017
TDSC Colombian Rum 37YO Juuls Single Cask 2017

Many new things in the horizon and I tried the new Wild Series 42 (still didn’t have a sticker on it and it was hidden under the counter) is one I’ll have to try again once released :heart_eyes:

16 Likes

Really cool, thanks for your impressions Kevin! Looking forward to the in depth reviews. :star_struck::tumbler_glass:

3 Likes

@KevinDK thanks very much for your great review! Could you see how they opened the flagon? These corks are really beasts. It is almost impossible to get them out without breaking apart, even using a two-pronged blade cork screw. From your picture, it appears, though, that the cork is intact?

2 Likes

Unfortunately I didn’t see the de-corking of it and I have heard that these often “stick” so well that once in a while they have to push them into the bottle to avoid too much contamination from small pieces of cork :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just in case someone would like to participate next year :blush::tumbler_glass::denmark:

9 Likes