#24DaysOfRum 2022 - Day 11

We hope you enjoyed the previous rum and the accompanying discussions :yum::tumbler_glass:

Did you already try today‘s rum? What are your guesses? Leave your comments below. As usual, we will release the name of today’s rum at 21:00.

In case you do not want to join the quiz, we can also provide you with a full list of all rums.

Today's rum is:

Excellence Rhum Caroni, 1998, 23 years, 65,2% | RX9830 | RumX

Did you recognise it? Please leave your comments and thoughts below

7 Likes

Nanü? Erster?

Na gut, einer muss ja den Anfang machen.

Frohen 2. Advent euch allen! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nase hat ordentlich Alkohol, schwer da dran vorbei zu riechen, obwohl der hier schon 20 Minuten atmet… was grasiges, agricoliges…aber auch etwas Teer

Am Gaumen dann mehr Schmutz… und ordentlich Prozente. Etwas Caroni-esque. Wieder ein Finish?! :thinking:

8 Likes

So, ich habe jetzt meine Kleine ins Bett gebracht und das hat ziemlich gedauert. Hab vorher mal ganz kurz beim Einschenken am Sample geschnüffelt und dachte … ah ja Caroni. Die schwere Süße und der Teer und der Dreck waren recht klar da.

Jetzt (circa 40 minuten später) schaut’s irgendwie anders aus. Bin mir gar nicht mehr so sicher … nochmal weiter schnüffeln und probieren

ja … stimmt schon. rieche und schmecke ich auch.

na wenn das ein Agricole ist, dann wird es mein neuer Lieblingsagricole

8 Likes

Poured it just now, half an hour to go… first sniff has something dirty, quite a bit of alcohol.
Guyana meets agricole with Caroni finish? :sweat_smile:
No idea at this point, will report back.

5 Likes

Vielleicht kommt der heutige Rum ja auch mal aus einer ganz anderen Region… Ruhrpott wäre doch mal was neues :grin:

7 Likes

der neue Gute Pott mit dem Holzkohle Finish :rofl:

7 Likes

Ich tendiere zu Agricole….ist aber echt verdammt schwer. Schmeckt wie ein dreckiger Agricole…

7 Likes

Something rubber is present for me…
Vegetal agricole notes on the back of the palate, going up through the nose.
55-60%?

7 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one struggling with this…

I’m guessing either another of the Le Gus’t creations or we’re really in Trinidad this time.

Wouldn’t be surprised if this is Caroni, even though the “Guyana” from the 1st Day tasted more like Caroni than this one.

9 Likes

Nase: Dreckig, Minze, Röstig, Früchte, Leder

83/100
TDL
20 Jahre

10 Likes
Today's rum is:

Excellence Rhum Caroni, 1998, 23 years, 65,2% | RX9830 | RumX

13 Likes

I can’t figure it out…

Some TDL could be right, but the vegetal side is messing with my head.

Vieux Sajous matured on ex-Caroni cask?

My head is gonna explode :exploding_head::joy:

6 Likes

This just shows that you have to remain true to your first impressions :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Not easy, after messing with that so much on the first days :grimacing:

8 Likes