#24DaysOfRum Day 16

We hope you enjoyed the previous rum and the accompanying discussions :yum::tumbler_glass:

Did you already try today‘s rum? What are your guesses? Leave your comments below. As usual, we will release the name of today’s rum at 21:00.

In case you do not want to join the quiz, we can also provide you with a full list of all calendar rums.

Today's rum is:

…arrrh, pirate’s greetings :wink:

Velier Multi Distilleries Royal Navy Tiger Shark, 14 years, 57.18% | RumX

Did you recognise it? Please leave your comments and thoughts below

Schon al kurz an der Flasche geschnuppert, recht fruchtig der erste Eindruck!

3 Likes

Das 16. Sample würde ich der Nase nach Guyana einordnen. Schöne rote, dunkle Fruchtnoten, Trockenfrüchte, Rosinen, Pflaume, Backgewürze, Zimt Vanille und Honig.
Am Gaumen fällt er leider etwas ab. Hier ist mehr Holz und Röstaromen vorhanden. Aber insgesamt trotzdem ein sehr guter Rum den ich mir durchaus kaufen würde.

3 Likes

Hehe, so viel verrate ich schonmal: Glücklicherweise gibts den auch noch bei ein paar Läden :wink:

2 Likes

I guess Guyana, PM or Ut. and continental

4 Likes

…und gehört in jeden gut sortierten Rum-Schrank :wink:

3 Likes

Ich hätte ja auf dem 99er Appelton getippt, aber Adrians Aussage ist da ja eher kontraproduktiv. :rofl::see_no_evil:
Guyana würde ich nicht sagen, dann schon eher Trinidad, aber wer weiß…auf jeden Fall ein sehr guter Tropfen.:+1:t2:

4 Likes

Mhmm, im weiteren Sinne gehören RumAuctioneer, Ebay und Catawiki doch auch noch dazu :smirk:

Und die Appletons kann man tatsächlich noch in einigen Shops kaufen. Aber natürlich zu “günstigen” Konditionen :smiley:

4 Likes

Nase: Früchtebrot, Röstig, Karamell, Krokant, Holz,

12 Jahre
Paraguay
54%
78/100

2 Likes

Nice brown, caramel-y color.

Nose: it opens up with wood, tannins, dark fruits (raisins, plums). There’s a hidden, very subtle acetone/glue note in the background, together with some spices.

Palate: very fruity on the palate, dark fruits again, along with some sweeter notes of caramel. The wood is slightly more present here. There’s a certain spiciness to it, that really tingles your tongue.

ABV might be on the high end, possibly 58/60%, maybe a little bit more.

Finish: burnt caramel, wood, mild spices and, in my opinion, also some roasted dried fruits.

Wild guess: Guyana, possibly a navy blend ? (Black Tot or Pusser’s of some kind??).

2 Likes

My tasting experience is quite the same as Stylos, dark fruit, burnt Caramel…

It tastes quite hot but I believe it is not that high ABV though.

Guyana would be my Tipp as well.

3 Likes

From the stuff I’m familiar with, Guyana comes closest.
Dark fruits with a bit of glue-like stuf and wood. Alcohol 55-60%?
Appleton 1999 has crossed my mind too, but I can’t be sure of that. Maybe something from the El Dorado rare collection?
Not sure about any of this though :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Gerade schwierig bei mir direkt nach dem Essen. Süß irgendwie :sweat_smile:

2 Likes
Today's rum is:

…arrrh, pirate’s greetings :wink:

Velier Multi Distilleries Royal Navy Tiger Shark, 14 years, 57.18% | RumX

6 Likes

:clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

3 Likes

The effects of the vaccine are finally wearing off…:crazy_face:
:partying_face::partying_face:

4 Likes

Nah, I guess the vaccine is fully working now. Anti-Covid, Magnetic forces AND perfect taste :grin:

4 Likes

Did a side by side of the Tiger Shark with Black Tot Last consignment and Heavy Navy Blend from Corman Collins a couple of months ago. Didn’t even cross my mind as an option today :man_facepalming::joy:

3 Likes

I should have recognized it, as I had a sample of Tiger Shark this year, but this time it was not that impressive as the first time. Maybe I should have given it more time to breathe. I recognize the astringency, though.

1 Like