#24DaysOfRum Day 21

We hope you enjoyed the previous rum and the accompanying discussions :yum::tumbler_glass:

Did you already try today‘s rum? What are your guesses? Leave your comments below. As usual, we will release the name of today’s rum at 21:00.

In case you do not want to join the quiz, we can also provide you with a full list of all calendar rums.

Today's rum is:

Cave Guildive West Indies Barbados Rum, 2000, 17 years, 56% | RumX

Did you recognise it? Please leave your comments and thoughts below

I smell Funk!

4 Likes

I smell Savanna :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

I smell Nine Leaves (joke)

4 Likes

A Younger one thats obvious. Funky yes. I Like the smell in the nose.
I’ll go with sugar cane juice here when i think about the First drops on the palate.
But the nose still…i am Back in Jamaica again :yum::jamaica:

Tonight i am out in the Cinema so have fun everyone with our daily riddle. Cheers :tumbler_glass:

6 Likes

Ich rieche DDR-Krankenhaus :rofl:, medizinische Noten,alte Mullbinden mit Desinfektion und kräutrige Noten, hintenraus auch fruchtige Noten nach grünem Apfel. Wildes Zeug, jede Nase irgendwie anders. Am Gaumen wieder diese “Kräutermedizin” und muffige Ansätze.
Schmeckt fast wie dieser Palm Rum im Maulbeerfass. Kann mich da nicht festlegen, Fiji, Savanna oder doch was experimentelles.

10 Likes

Ich glaube, das wird heute eine richtig witzige Auflösung. Rein vom Namen her hätte ich echt nicht auf diese unterschiedlichen Noten getippt

4 Likes

This is not something I’m familiar with whatsoever. I’m having a hard time trying to analyze it, but I had risotto with Brussels sprouts and a glass of red wine and I bit my tongue :man_facepalming: So it’s like everything has some iron influence at the moment :sweat_smile:

But so far it smells peated and smoky to me… does that make any sense?

3 Likes

I guess Fiji?

2 Likes

N: fruchtige ester, geröstet, honig, mango, papaya

M: fruchtige ester, mango, smoky, schokolade, trocken, ausgewogen

F: Zedern Holz, Vanille, lecker, trocken

Ich tippe auf Jamaica, kann aber auch Fiji sein… ca. 55%, ca. 10 Jahre

2 Likes

Jamaika
Worthy Park
50%
4 Jahre
76/100

2 Likes

Very light yellow, almost clear on the edges.

Nose: the first sniff is hitting me with brine, olives and a touch of saltiness, in a pleasant combination. It slowly evolves into a slightly funky profile, although it doesn’t seems a Jamaican funk…more herbaceous

Palate: I still sense some of the brine and olive, but really in the background, along with those herbal funkiness.

Doesn’t feel like a particularly high proof, maybe 52-ish, o maybe just well integrated

Finish: medium finish, again with that herbal note and possibly some citrus zeist in there. I also sense a smoky flavor, kinda of a mezcal…

On the nose, could be a Savanna (even if the usual bubble gum flavor is not so strong in this), or also a Worthy (Jamaica)…

3 Likes
Today's rum is:

Cave Guildive West Indies Barbados Rum, 2000, 17 years, 56% | RumX

3 Likes

You sneaky m…. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

You’re welcome xD

2 Likes

At this point you should always expect the unexpected :smiley:

2 Likes

Should we expect a Skeldon on Christmas Eve? :star_struck::star_struck:

Barbados, really?! Wow, would have never guessed that. Weirdest Bajan for me so far. Feel a bit relieved noticing there are other people that made a whisky connection in their tasting notes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Remeber, there is still the Pott Rum somewhere around… For sure, only the premium overproof one…

3 Likes