#24DaysOfRum Day 23

Bei dem Sample hatte ich diesen klassischen Gummibärchengeschmack eines Savanna Herr, er war süßlich und der Alkohol top eingebunden. Wenn ich aus meiner Flasche was trink, dann ist das Ester so tiersch kratzig im Hals und der Alkohol viel präsenter.

2 Likes

Ja, denke auch. Oxidation in der Flasche verändert den Geschmack, meine Foursquares z.b. wurden mit der Zeit besser, und gefühlt süßer, mein Chairmans Reserve ist allerdings irgendwie… nicht mehr so der Knaller wie zu Beginn.

1 Like

Mhmm ist vermutlich einfach das Feeling, wenn man direkt aus der Pulle säuft. Das muss so kratzen, ansonsten bekommt man nicht das Piratenfeeling :grin:

6 Likes

Junge! Ich gieß mir den schon ins Glas.:rofl:

4 Likes

Das ist mir auch schon aufgefallen. Bei Foursquare bekommt man immer 2 Rums zu einem Preis

4 Likes

ich teste das Sample nochmal mit der offenen Flasche, die sich bisher nicht großartig verändert hat. Meiner Meinung nach einer der besten C<>H wenn es darum geht, die Quintessenz der High-Ester HD auszumachen, die intensiven buttrig-vergorenen Noten.

3 Likes

Pale yellow, almost clear on the edges

Nose: a wedding of esters and bubble gum…pineapple, papaya and a hint of banana. As time goes by, there’s a subtle hint of mold :stuck_out_tongue:

Palate: the same mix of esters and bubblegum, plus a touch of saltiness that balance the sweetness coming from the fruity notes. Mildly astringent but very warming…ABV could be on the 60%.

Finish: those esters leave a little bit of room to some peppery and gingery spices.

The profile really reminds me of Savanna HERR (that bubble gum, with some strawberry to it)…I’ll check as soon as I post this message :slight_smile:

EDIT: giving some time to let the rum open up, you start to get those buttery, almost meaty flavors (although I like the long pond more :grin:)

3 Likes

Yes, that’s it. Like very sweet marzipan cookies that drowned in molten butter, that’s the smell description I was looking for.

3 Likes

Wow, impressively as those esters do not overwhelm the whole profile. I’ve had other C<>H that we’re waaaay more astringent and estery :smiley:

3 Likes

Honestly, you guys might have spoiled my taste. I am just sipping a rest of Clairin pure and it does taste really good… I fear I cannot go back and enjoy “normal” rums… (of lower ABV or not so strong character)

4 Likes

Well, just my two cents here…if you manage to grab a good, respectable rum, rest assure that you m will enjoy it, possibly even better, as your senses we’ll be more “trained” after this 26-day long session :rofl:
The real problem will be the ABV…as you’ve mentioned, any rum (or orther spirits) below 50-55% feels like “watered”, after sipping such alcohol bombs :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Hab ihn jetzt auch gerade endlich getrunken. Esterbombe, nur etwas zu adstringierend. Aber hat das Bier danach dafür mega im Aroma geprägt, das ist ganz groß :tumbler_glass::beer::heart_eyes:

4 Likes