#24DaysOfRum Day 23

We hope you enjoyed the previous rum and the accompanying discussions :yum::tumbler_glass:

Did you already try today‘s rum? What are your guesses? Leave your comments below. As usual, we will release the name of today’s rum at 21:00.

In case you do not want to join the quiz, we can also provide you with a full list of all calendar rums.

Today's rum is:

Oldman Spirits GmbH Hampden Flensburg Rum Company Jamaica JMC C<>H, 2007, 12 years, 66.8% | RumX

Did you recognise it? Please leave your comments and thoughts below

1 Like

…also viele Möglichkeiten gibt es ja nicht mehr, ob dann vielleicht heute der gute Pott im Kalender ist :thinking:

2 Likes

Stroh 80?

2 Likes

Pott ist das definitiv nicht. Richt nach einen Jamaica Rum mit ordentlich Ester!
Pott wird dann zur Verdauung der Weihnachtsplätzchen im 25. Sample sein :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Ich rechne ja noch mit einem Hampden. :grin: Der Pott ist bestimmt im 25en.

First Impression from smelling the bottle: a quick minibomb of redcurrant with sugar (love this sometimes in the summer as dessert) that flees the scene immediately and leaves me irritated, and Baiser. Then lots of fruit. Could very well be Jamaica high esters.

1 Like

Mhmm, Hampden hatten wir aber eigentlich auch schon, musst mal beim DOKtor anrufen :grin:

4 Likes

Stimmt, als das dran war war ich tatsächlich beim Doktor, weil krank.

1 Like

Ah damn it, help me anyone, please. What is this first smell, that runs away as soon as you have recognized it here? It is so damn familiar, but I cannot name it.

1 Like

Savanna HERR !

3 Likes

Oh wow, that’s a flavor bomb, lightly aged. (first sip now)

2 Likes

First thing I thought was maybe Hampden DOK. But there will probably not be another one in the calendar. I think the alcohol is very high, but integrated very well. Smells like ether or aceton.
Think Jamaican high ester, but can’t specify as my knowledge from al the different marks isn’t that great as some of you guys in here.
Could be a trick by @Adrian, so we’ll see :smiley:

3 Likes

Jamaika
Hampden
56%

3 Likes
Today's rum is:

Oldman Spirits GmbH Hampden Flensburg Rum Company Jamaica JMC C<>H, 2007, 12 years, 66.8% | RumX

4 Likes

I think it’s really impressive how drinkable 66,8% are, if you don’t know it

4 Likes

Indeed. I kinda got the same vibe as from the Plantation HJF bottled at 70%.

Ha, got Hampden right. Never had this mark though, but it is strong stuff. But so light color for 12 years?

2 Likes

If I reclaim it correctly, it’s aged 7 years in Hogshead (is this only the barrel or also a town??) and 5 years in Liverpool → 100% continental → usually very light color (also seen on the guyanese rums)

Edit: Hogshead is the barrel, was aged 7 years in Scotland in Hogshead barrels and then moved to Liverpool for an additional 5 years maturation, same barrel probably…

Label says “Distilled in a pot still in Jamaica. The fresh rum was imported to Scotland. After maturing 7 years in a Hogshead it was shipped to Liverpool and aged for 5 more years”

3 Likes

Ich kann das nicht nachvollziehen, ich habe diese Flasche hier offen rumstehen, und der schmeckt völlig anders wie dieses Sample!!! :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Gerade High-Ester Rums verändern sich nochmal n gutes Stück an der Luft, so zumindest meine Erfahrung.

Das Sample ist ja knapp über 1 Monat alt, da ist vielleicht noch nicht viel passiert…

2 Likes