#24DaysOfRum Day 6

We hope you enjoyed the previous rum and the accompanying discussions :yum::tumbler_glass:

Did you already try today‘s rum? What are your guesses? Leave your comments below. As usual, we will release the name of today’s rum at 21:00.

In case you do not want to join the quiz, we can also provide you with a full list of all calendar rums.

Today's rum is:

1423 World Class Spirits Mount Gay S.B.S Barbados 2000, 2000, 20 years, 53.2% | RumX

Did you recognise it? Please leave your comments and thoughts below

Das ist heute auch wieder eine rel. schwere Aufgabe.
An Nase und Gaumen viel Holz, Röstaromen, etwas Vanille/Gewürze. Aber auch ein paar leicht dreckige Aromen, wie man sie bei einem Caroni findet.
Mit einem Tip tue ich mir schwer. Könnte Richtung Panama gehen (Bellamy) oder Barbados (FS ECS).

3 Likes

Nase Klebstoff, Grapefruit
Geschmack Gewürz, Pfeffer
Alkohol 60-65
Britische od. vielleicht Agricole

Gruß aus HH

1 Like

Hi all,
My first sip: it’s Jamaica.
Second: Clarendon. I estimate 15-20 yo
If I am wrong, tomorrow I will have milk instead of rum :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Ich hab zwar schon mehr mals TDL gesagt, aber ich probiers nochmal. :laughing: Obwohl mir auch ein Guyana oder Agricole in den Sinn kommt.
Das Dreckige ist auf jeden Fall präsent,gepaart mit eine gewissen floralen Frische.

1 Like

By the way: If you also share your tastings on Instagram or Facebook, we appreciate if you use our Christmas hashtag “RumXmas” and help us to make RumX even more popular among rum lovers.
:christmas_tree::tumbler_glass::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Honey golden; nice thick legs coming down on the glass

Nose: mild glue/acetone, with a pinch of wood and yellow fruits in the background (apple and peaches possibly).As time goes by and the oxygen does its thing, I get more nutty flavors, as well as more prominent citrus fruits.

Mouth: definitely more fruity, again with peaches and orange peels upfront…there are some spices coming along (vanilla from the barrel I guess, and maybe ginger). As per the ABV, I guess it’s around 57 or so

Finish: medium, with orange peels and dried fruits.

Really hard to guess, this one, for me…wild guess: Barbados or Saint Lucia!

@Oliver : i have hard time believing that any rum lovers out there do not know this wonderful platform!!! :smiley:

2 Likes
Today's rum is:

1423 World Class Spirits Mount Gay S.B.S Barbados 2000, 2000, 20 years, 53.2% | RumX

4 Likes

Ich gebs auf.:laughing::see_no_evil:

Apparently tried it about a year ago, did not recognize it now. I didn’t really care for it back then so it seems, since I scored it at only 67 :see_no_evil::sweat_smile:
Will probably be a bit higher today, but still not really a fan.

2 Likes

Passt irgendwie zu dem Barbados 2000 WIRD den ich gerade aufgemacht hab :smiley: was für ein Zufall :wink:

2 Likes

If you search for “#RumXmas” on Facebook, you get the theme song :grin:

1 Like