#24DaysOfRum Day 9

We hope you enjoyed the previous rum and the accompanying discussions :yum::tumbler_glass:

Did you already try today‘s rum? What are your guesses? Leave your comments below. As usual, we will release the name of today’s rum at 21:00.

In case you do not want to join the quiz, we can also provide you with a full list of all calendar rums.

Today's rum is:

https://www.rum-x.com/rums/9158/hunter-laing-uitvlugt-kill-devil-bottled-for-rum-rarities

Did you recognise it? Please leave your comments and thoughts below

Nase: Pfirsich, getrocknete Früchte, Vanille, Honig, Süß, Ahornsirup, Fass, Modrig

10 Jahre
58%
78/100

4 Likes

Schöne fruchtige Nase, Traube, Kirsche, Johannisbeere und Trockenfrüchte. Wenig bis keine Esternoten. Aber auch eine spezielle Gewürznote, wie ich sie von einem Savanna kenne. Daher tippe ich auf Reunion.

4 Likes

Ich tippe hier mal auf Martinique :thinking:
Könnte auch ein Savanna sein :grimacing:

4 Likes

Nase Ananas
Geschmack Gewürz Honig
Alkohol 45 - 50

Gruß aus HH

3 Likes

Ich könnte schwören den hatte ich schonmal im Glas, komm aber nicht drauf.
Guyana (Uitvlugt) oder Belize vielleicht.:man_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

Mein Tipp:
The Rum Cask, Guyana, Uitvlugt, 1997/2021, 54 % vol. Sehr lecker :yum:

6 Likes

Auf jeden Fall ganz mein Geschmack.:+1:t2:

2 Likes

Very light yellow, with almost clear reflections. Very nice, thick legs

Nose: very delicate…that the first thing that comes to my mind…then peach skin and pears, maybe coconut shavings…I also sense a touch of sweet spices, like cinnamon.

Mouth: lychees…oh God, my mind flew right at my youth, when a I used to finish my teenage dinners at the local Chinese restaurant with a coupe of those syrupy lychees! Then again pears, with a hint of young wood and a mild spicy flavor. A little bit astringent, mildly warm…I’d say 53 ABV, but, at this point and given the previous flops I’ve made, it could be totally wrong :crazy_face:

Finish: medium, more on the woody and spicy, with that lychee flavor in the background.

Given the above, I have absolutely no idea of the country…I would have said Privateer, but since we already had one, I switch to…Seychelles (absolutely random one :joy:)

3 Likes
Today's rum is:

Hunter Laing Uitvlugt Kill Devil Bottled for Rum Rarities, 1997, 20 years, 53.4% | RumX

2 Likes

Yeeee, at least I’ve got the ABV right this time :rofl:

2 Likes

Na da war ich doch diesmal echt nah dran :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Something to look forward to when I get home from work :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: