Automatic link for RXxxx

Hi Oliver,

Would it be possible (if you think it woul be useful) to add a direct link to the rum page on RumX when refering to it by its RX id in a message on the forum ?

For example : “I was bamboozled when I first tasted Long Pond TECC (RX61)”
Would automatically become : “I was bamboozled when I first tasted Long Pond TECC (RX61)”

I’m not up to date on mobile development but maybe this could directly open the App.

14 Likes

Late night coding for the best rum community in the world completed… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::tumbler_glass:

RX IDs in brackets are now automatically converted to links, for example (RX38).

24 Likes

Thank you guys for the great idea and the super fast execution!

2 Likes

(RX100) sweet!

3 Likes

Test (RX1)

Richtig gut!

3 Likes

Ich wusste gar nicht dass du den plantation so feierst :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Sehr cooles Feature!

Schauen wir mal wie robust das ist:
(RX123)
(rx345)
( RX678)
(RX1234567890)

RegEx, anyone? :nerd_face:

Egal, sehr sinnvolle Erweiterung :+1:

2 Likes

Flaschenteilung?:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot Oliver, that’s really cool :+1:

Do you know how one can force opening these links with the app rather than in a browser ?

There are already links taken into account in the app params on Android bit it seems I can’t add one manually despite the “add link” button.

1 Like

These “normal” links (example: https://www.rum-x.com/rums/38/velier-caroni-39th-release-the-last-heavy-trinidad-rum) cannot be opened directly with the app. But you can click on the banner at the top of the screen (“Open”) on the loaded page. This “dynamic link” then actually opens the corresponding detail page in the app. I’ll check if I can optimize this behavior further.

However, in the upcoming 15.1.1 update, I have included an improvement in the app. This will make these links in the embedded forum (within the app) open directly as a rum detail page, instead of being redirected in the embedded browser.

6 Likes

You’re the real MVP :+1:
Thanks a lot ! :grinning:

3 Likes

Just a quick question. Why is the app/forum demanding the () to generate the link?

RX5420 is not working but (RX5420) does work.

3 Likes

The mechanism has this limitation for now, as I am not a RegEx expert myself and wanted to minimize my time investment. However, if anyone is familiar with it, I would appreciate any advice on how to refine the RegEx expression without creating strange side effects. :smiling_face::raised_hands:t3:

3 Likes

Oliver,
I’m not a regex expert (does it really exists ??? :slight_smile: ) but I think this could do the job by detecting any RX inside a string.

7 Likes

That looks like a solid starting point. But if we get rid of the mandatory () we need to consider adverse effects. Luckily the string “rx” is not very common in the most used forum languages – let alone in combination with numbers. But what if theres a nickname with that (sub-)string?

bla

6 Likes

Exactly, this consideration of the edge cases is the difficulty. Therefore I have chosen (for the time being) the trivial implementation with the brackets. :innocent:

4 Likes

Conditional negative lookbehinds could perhaps help :slight_smile: (actually, we check that the preceding character isn’t a letter or a number. It can be anything else).
But indeed there will always be a risk of misinterpretation.

6 Likes

This looks like a really nice improvement. Thank you, @CalDon!

I have just made the refinement.

5 Likes

@Oliver Wait so how does it work now to get the automatic link? The brackets don’t do it anymore…

2 Likes

Rx followed by letters should now be converted automatically.
Let’s test it together with a nice link to this wonderful bottle : Rx9572

Edit: it works ! :sunglasses::sunglasses:

5 Likes