Available rarities

Fall jemand Interesse an dem Rum von den Fiji Islands (7 years 2014 cask F14TML6) hat, welcher von Rum Of The World abgefüllt wurde.
Guckst Du hier:

Ich bin mir aber nicht sicher, ob ein Interesse besteht, da der mit 46% in vielen Stores noch verfügbar ist.

Sonst bieten sie jetzt auch noch eine von der Französischen Antillen, zwei aus Jamaica und einen aus Barbados an.
Guckst Du z.B. hier:

4 Likes

RA KFM1991 in 10min

4 Likes

RA 1995 EMB in 20min

5 Likes

They went for more or less 175 + shipping each. Interesting to see what the real market value is as opposed to what the shops/ second market would like to get… and yes… i forgot the auction… :sweat_smile::man_facepalming:

6 Likes

Did anyone hear about some new releases from El Dorado (DDL)? I’ve got an offer to purchase these, don’t know if it could be interesting.
• El Dorado 1998 Last Casks Diamond-Tri-Canada 24Y, 70cl - 49.1°
• El Dorado 2000 Last Casks Diamond-Uitvlugt Casks 22Y, 70cl - 54.4°
• El Dorado 1998 Last Casks Tri-Canada Port Mourant - Enmore 24Y, 70cl - 50,3°
And then there’s the 2nd official release from Long Pond an 18yo but it’s to crazy priced I believe. Should sell between 575-625 €
And also a Matusalum, sublime that should sell for +/-1500 €
Would love to read your thoughts about these.

15 Likes

El Dorados are always interesting. :grinning: Any idea yet about the prices?

6 Likes

I doubt this will sell. @KevinDK tasted it at the German Rum Fest. He wasn’t excited. The pricing is ridiculous. Long Ponds OB won’t create a similar hype like the Hampden Rare Casks anytime soon.

13 Likes

I almost fell of my chair when I saw the price for an 18y LP, it isn’t a single cask… and LP isn’t as popular as many others out there. Compared to a 33y Uitvlugt from Nobilis single cask that sells for 405€ it’s for me as well a ridiculous price. Thanks for your opinion!

9 Likes

The El Dorado releases sound interesting for sure. Always depends on the pricing as well of course.
Regarding the Long Pond, I still fail to see a market for that. The pricing is insane.

8 Likes

Around 290 € / bottle for the El Dorado’s but I can’t find any info on them for the moment. I have to inform myself tomorrow if there’s more intell available on these.

8 Likes

Yes, the price to quality is really bad and I think the price is just a hype, but they will probably still sell them to people considering them investment…

10 Likes

btw, any news about the Rasta Morris 2001 TDL? The 2001s have not yet disappointed. Thus, looking forward to trying it :blush:

8 Likes

I’m curious about these El Dorados :grin:

5 Likes

There’s a bit of news, it’s coming :relaxed:. Bert from RM is returning from Japan, so in a couple of days we should receive news that we can order the bottles from him. I found it a realy fruity, caroni-influenced rum. It’s apart from what I’m used to from Trinidad (TDL that is)

10 Likes

Nice to hear! Keep us informed. Guess here are enough people to buy off your entire allocation :innocent:

5 Likes

Concerning the upcoming 3 El Dorado releases in the “Last Casks Edition” I’ve received the following information. I’ve indicated the prices and the pictures of the bottles as well.

They have not been ordered yet, so when somenone should be interested, please send me a PM so I can keep an overview :slight_smile:

El Dorado 1998 Last Casks Diamond-Tri-Canada 24Y, 70cl - 49.1° | 290 € / bottle
Diamond Coffey Still - Tri-Canada Redistilled Rum
• Cask Strength: 49,1%
• Aged in ex-bourbon barrels
• Non-chill filtered
• Tropically aged in Guyana for 24 years
• Bottled in Guyana in 2022 as a Limited Edition

This Limited “Last Casks” Edition is crafted from the sole remaining lot blended in 1998, comprising rums distilled on the Diamond Coffey Still, and rum that was once produced on the since-discontinued Tri-Canada Redistillation Still. This Rum was artfully crafted by the late Master Distiller George Robinson and aged for 24 years in the companies Barrel warehouse in Guyana.

Tasting notes ;
• Colour : Dark golden, amber colour
• Nose : A bright medley of honey, almond, orange and banana aromas that are specific to these metal stills.
• Palate : A lingering aftertaste of licorice and dark chocolate with a hint of green apples and rich notes of dried fruits.

El Dorado 2000 Last Casks Diamond-Uitvlugt Casks 22Y, 70cl - 54.4° | 270 € / bottle
El Dorado The Last Casks - 2000 – 22 Year Old
Diamond Coffey Still Rum - Aged in Uitvlugt Casks
• Cask Strength: 54,4%
• Non-chill filtered
• Tropically aged in Guyana for 22 years

This Limited “Last Casks” Edition is crafted from a 1 year old aged rum distilled on the Diamond Coffey Still and finished for 21 years in barrels that were used to age Pot Still rum at the Uitvlugt Distillery, before its closure in 2000. This Rum was artfully crafted by the late Master Distiller George Robinson and aged for 22 years in the companies Barrel warehouse in Guyana.

Tasting notes :
• Colour : Dark golden, amber colour
• Nose : Honey, caramel, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg with a touch of liquorice, walnuts and hazelnuts.
• Palate : Sweet notes of rich molasses, honey, caramel, vanilla and nutmeg, with a long lasting finish.

El Dorado 1998 Last Casks Tri-Canada Port Mourant - Enmore 24Y, 70cl - 50,3° | 290 €/bottle
El Dorado The Last Casks – 1998 – 24 Year Old
Tri-Canada Redistilled Rum - Port Mourant & Enmore
• Cask Strength: 50,3%
• Non-chill filtered
• Tropically aged in Guyana for 24 years

This Limited “Last Casks” Edition is a popular blend that was last produced in 1998, comprising light rum that was produced on the since-discontinued Tri-Canada Redistillation Still.

Blended and aged with rums from the Port Mourant Double Wooden Pot Still and the Enmore Wooden Coffey Still. This Rum was artfully crafted by the late Master Distiller George Robinson and aged for 24 years in the companies Barrel warehouse in Guyana.

Tasting notes :
• Colour : Deep amber colour
• Nose : Smokey and earthy aroma of dried fruits like raisins and prunes, sweet spices like cinnamon and vanilla with deep aromas of almonds and noble woods.
• Palate : Flavorful and dry with soft notes of orange peels, honey, toffee and dark chocolate.

Excellent full body Demerara rum with a nice balance and elegant personality.

17 Likes

Will do! Thanks for the interest :slight_smile:
There should normally be a release of a Lluidas Vale (WP) as well.

4 Likes

Wow, thanks a lot for the in-depth information and your kind offer to help out! Not the kind of money I’d personally spend on a bottle of rum, but still, much appreciated!

5 Likes

Thanks for this information.
First we ignore the “Last Casks” moniker.
At the first sight it looks like DDL is going to continue their excellent/underrated Rare Collection series in a somehow different way. Which would be very good news. :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:
Looking twice it reminds me somehow of the Blended In The Barrel series.
Can we trust DDL? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
I think we have to taste.

8 Likes

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is a Tri-Canada Redistillation Still and what does it have to do with DDL?

Edit: @lukasdrinkinghabits did the digging in Crowdsourcing Guyana Rum Marks

Hm, rum from a still that was primarily used to make neutral alcohol, blended with rum from the famous stills… doesn’t sound like the most exciting idea but let’s see what the outcome is.

9 Likes