Available rarities

Great purchase with exquisite rum!:+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

Wow! Is that the new Long Pond from The Duchess? I cannot find it here in Italy :frowning:

2 Likes

Indeed it is, was lucky and fast enough to reserve a bottle. The Duchess was sold out in 45 minutes.
But itā€™s a joint bottling with Sample X. There are still some available in shops in Belgium.

For example: The Rum Mercenary Joint Bottling with The Duchess Sample X Jamaica 20 Years Long Pond Distillery 70cl 60,1%Vol - Rum Stylez

And there were also some rather rare ones that got left behind :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Oh, Iā€™d love to see shops like this in my area. I am totally dependent on the internet.

2 Likes

Itā€™s very stressful for the wallet :joy:

2 Likes

Amazing selection! Iā€™d love to get my hands on that Beenleigh 2015 (I have the 2006)ā€¦

1 Like

Damnā€¦ that Shop is a Dream comes true. Would love to bye the SBS 2006 RAVā€¦ :sleepy::sleepy::sleepy:

1 Like

Uhmmmā€¦dear @Tom, can we use you as our personal Rum-mule? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Is it really that different? I always think that everyone has other things they can get a hold of more easily. For example: Velier Caroni, RA, V&M and Nobilis are not that easy to come by over here. But RA is easy (or easier?) for Germans, is it not?
And given the secondary market, It looks as if Velier is (or perhaps was?) easier for Italians?
I have like two shops that are within a 30 minute drive where I buy most my rum. Then TasTToe is about an hour away. But thatā€™s about it (supermarkets not included). Next stop would be Corman Collins or Luxemburg.

1 Like

It is indeed trueā€¦Some bottlers are better distributed in their respective homelandā€¦but in Italy, if youā€™re lucky, you can find some Velier and Samaroli bottles in the same liquor store, although most of the times we are talking about the most common ones.
Unfortunately, it is easier (and usually cheaper) to buy online :frowning:

1 Like

It is that differentā€¦ because its a physical shop that cannot be ā€œcleanedā€ via online orders (well at least if the owner decides to keep some stock for the physical shop).

In my area are effectivly 0 shops which sell rum (ok some do a few bottles, but the standard ones like Plantation Barbados XO or Zacapa stuff), so I have to order online if I want to get certain bottles

4 Likes

Sure in Germany itā€™s a bit easier to get RA bottles, but the chances are still almost 0 to get e.g. the 2000 Rockley one (sadly)

1 Like

I think I buy 95% of my bottles (maybe even more) in a physical shop. Itā€™s also upholding the relationship with the shopkeepers that can help sometimes with obtaining a bottle (f.e. the SBS Guyana 2006 or The Duchess Long Pond that I bought today). I donā€™t like it when I ā€œhaveā€ to order a bottle online :sweat_smile: Especially not if itā€™s from these gigantic websites.

Well, for what itā€™s worth: if you should ever think I could help you to get a hold of a certain bottle, send me a PM and weā€™ll talk about it :blush:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s nice to hear. I would like to do the same, butā€¦ mhmm itā€™s only 3,5h with the carā€¦ :thinking:

2 Likes

I donā€™t know if you already tasted it or notā€¦ but the Inner circle navy strenght 5yo is really good for less than 50ā‚¬. I liked the velier 2006 not much better than the inner circleā€¦ (better yes, but not a lot). So if you canā€™t find the 2015 from Velier, I think the inner circle could be a really good substitute.

2 Likes

Nah, where I am the Whiskey selection usually is very good, and Rum is mostly a third or less of the sale space. It amounts to the typical crowd pleasers (sweeter Spanish style). One Wisky store has added 8 year Hampden and some Clairin to their small Rum selection. Another store (with best selection so far) is actually a delicacy store (spirits coffee, oil, vinegarā€¦ You get the drift), and has some Clement single Cask, a bit of Plantation, the Ship themed line from St. Lucia and the entry level Rum Artesanal. Thatā€™s it. For everything ā€œfancyā€ I need to go online, but the selection online is fortunately, very good for us in Europe in general.

I think it has to do with history. Germany never had a strong navy rum tradition (what navy, for most of the time?) and also got very high taxes from the British when importing. So imports where those extremely high Ester Jamaicans (like those Continental marks from Hampden) that would be mixed with cheap industrial alcohol to produce Rum for the German market. That, however, wasnā€™t always the best quality and not the same as the original, so it ruined Germany for rum a little bit. Most guys I speak to about Rum are astonished that you can drink it neat, as they only know it for mixing. That also reflects in the store selection.

2 Likes

VerhƤltnismƤƟig gĆ¼nstig zu haben

2 Likes

Somebody emptied the shop recommended by Tom just before my brother arrived there. At least he got the last REV and Mhoba Plastic for me :grinning:

3 Likes

Was there so much gone then?
Iā€™m guessing @MrRumantic wonā€™t be too happy that the REV is gone