Blog: Caroni tasting of the century

When we decided that we’d like to add a blog to our RumX-universe, we obviously felt that this blog should serve you with remarkable news and experiences we made on our journey through the rum world. We are a community of rum lovers that live and share their passion with fellow enthusiasts – with our blog, we want to add another facet to the exchange in the community and share new ideas, news around RumX as well as experiences that left a mark on us directly.

Read the full article on our blog:
https://www.rum-x.com/caroni/tasting/event/2022/08/31/caroni-tasting-of-the-century

9 Likes

What’s the best Caroni you’ve had in your glass so far? :heart_eyes::tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

Velier Caroni Trinidad 4th Employees Dayanand „Yunkoo“ Balloon 1998 22 68,3%,

Der ist bislang mein Favorit!
Aber ich denke, da gibt es noch bessere!

6 Likes

The first was “the last”. In Manuel’s bar in Zürich. But at the time I knew only rons, never tested something near a Caroni.
I was stunned. It was an heavenly drink, with so much flavors, so profond, and very drinkable as the bottle was almost empty. I was truly lucky for that, as I think Caronis becomes better and better with oxydation. The barman was a fan and he explained how to drink it.
I was astonished to still feel some rubbery taste the next morning…
Hmmm ! That started something…

6 Likes

auch The Last, aber habe auch nur noch den 21Jahre (rot) und 4te und 5te serie der Employees probiert.
Der Last hat aus dieser Menge schon klar herausgestochen

4 Likes

Trilogy Blended und John D Eversley gleichermaßen für mich. Aber das ist eben nur die Spitze eines sehr starken Feldes.

4 Likes

97/100 The Last 1996
95/100 “gelben” 23er 1994
94/100 Velier 1983

Allgemein dominieren die Jahrgänge 1996 und 1994. Besonders hervorzuheben vielleicht die Rendsburger 1996er. Trotz nur 12y/o ein anderes Erlebnis als die lange tropisch gelagerten Veliers.

6 Likes

1982 58,3% und den No Smoking. 17 Extra Strong finde ich den besten „noch bezahlbaren“. Insgesamt muss ich sagen, einen schlechten hatte ich noch nie.

3 Likes

Achja, die besten “Bezahlbaren” fand Ich von Sbs das 1997 4er Set.

6 Likes

Das stimmt, wirklich schlecht war keiner :+1:

1 Like

Mein Favorit war bisher der Roopnarine “Roop” Toolsie aus dem 5th Employees Release.
Etwas enttäuscht war ich bisher nur von den zu stark verdünnten Bristols.

1 Like

bei der 5th fand ich den ‚Breeze‘ noch etwas besser. Mein Favorit - na klar - der ‚Last‘, und ziemlich positiv überrascht war ich beim Shotman‘s 99er, mit einer guten Balance. Größte Enttäuschung der 96er Mezan. Caroni funktioniert einfach nicht mit 40% ABV.

3 Likes