Crowdsourcing Guyana Rum Marks

There finally is a DHE Vintage: 2014. I can’t wait to taste it. Although it’s a blend with the PM. Maybe the DHE isn’t from 2014 at all, but the PM is. Maybe we can specify this one day.

5 Likes

It’s officially from 2014. Blended in Barrel Joshua Singh confirmed this to me on Insta

They Release a 2001 SV as well (Germany exclusive). As SBS was one of the first bottles to write SWR on its 2001 releases, maybe the 2001 SV actually is not the same juice as the 2001 SWR. We had the SV from The Nectar before. I asked for confirmation again :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Wasn’t Velier 1988 Diamond a SV marque?

2 Likes

You’re right, looks like it. So there should be to different marks from the Savalle Still

I brought this to attention because the The Nectar SV was handled as if it was a SWR, but it rather might be another Batch with a different mark

3 Likes

From tasting and comparing it was a bit different from the other SWR in the lineup. I remember thinking “ah so that might be the reason they didn’t put swr on the label because it is not one but something else”. It’s comparable in profile, but still noticeably different.

6 Likes

Moin,

mal ne kurze Zwischenfrage. Welches Mark wäre denn ein REV ohne Farbstoff? Gibt es da welche monentan auf dem Markt?

4 Likes

REV ist gefärbt, d.h. das gibt es nicht uncolored (zumindest in der Theorie). REV ist erstmal gefärbtes Versailles. Über die anderen Spezifika der Marks ist wenig bekannt (Fermentation, Art und Weise des Brennvorgangs)

Ungefärbte Versailles gibt es viele. Von Boutiqque Rum gibt es verschiedene Marks: SXG und KFM, aber im Grunde ist jeder ungefärbte Versailles ein “ungefärbter REV”.

Laut Interview des Masterdistillers gibt es aktuell nur noch die beiden Marks VSG und REV. Ob das wirklich stimmt - keine Ahnung. Wenn das stimmt, dann wäre z.B. der 2004 VSG von Rum Artesanal das idealtypische Gegenstück.

7 Likes

Besten Dank für deine ausführliche Info.:+1:t2::blush:

4 Likes

I have a discovered a new mark which is not yet in the table: MDR

4 Likes

8 Likes

Thanks, I see, I came a bit late to the party, my bad :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Auf italienisch, aber dafür gibt es ja Übersetzungsmöglichkeiten: https://whiskyclub.it/alambicchi-di-legno-a-demerara/

4 Likes

Cool. Das sieht interessant aus. Danke!

2 Likes

I’m reading Rum, the book by Cyrille Mald and I found this RumX thread cited among the sources, great job :grin::clap:

22 Likes

We are a scientific source :rocket::partying_face:

13 Likes

Cool!
Thanks for sharing!

10 Likes

If you go back through this forum there is a post about this crowd sourcing-far too technical for me to follow but you could appreciate the work that had gone into it and the passion shown was inspiring

6 Likes

Tastingbro’s did a Insta Posting on the translation of Main Rum’s Broker Marks to the official Enmore Marks.

A lot of them have been known before. New is the MEC and the source of their knowledge. It’s Main Rum themselves :exploding_head:

I hope they have some more updates for us.

s/o @Antoine_asaro

18 Likes

Tastingbros posted an update on their list for the Diamond Marks. Again especially the translation of the Broker Marks is very interesting.

They debunk my theory that the 2004 MDXC is a REV, regarding to their sources it’s a colored SXG.

There are a few things I’m unsure about.

1. @mr-crisp wrote that the SVL is a marketing mark and not a production mark and references Joshua Singh, who bottled the SVL first. In the Tastingbros list it’s listed as a production mark. @SCR told @mr-crisp that the 2003 are Savalle Rums so no SV probably. It’ll stay tricky
  2. The MDR is decoded as Main Diamond REV. That’s reasonable, but I had this 2012 “MDR* Savelle” by Bellamys which I don’t recall very REV-a-like. Maybe @crazyforgoodbooze has something to add here

Nevertheless it’s a very interesting list. I’m curious if they can disclose their sources.

Edit. MDX / MDXC / MDSR have been confirmed by Main Rum Company

13 Likes

Cannot help here unfortunately. But I agree it’s not very rev like…

5 Likes