Favorite high ester rums

Hey everyone,

What are some of your favorite (and available) high ester rums under €175? I’m thinking Jamaica and beyond! For example I just tried and loved the SBS Guyana 2014 (RX15463). I’d love to branch out and try some new funk, so any tips are much appreciated!

Cheers,
Chris

3 Likes

The second part strongly limits your options :sweat_smile:

I’ll go first:

10 Likes

High Ester und verfügbar macht die sache unheimlich schwierig gerade wenn er gelagert sein soll …

7 Likes

I’ve to agree with Devidedbyzero. You should try the Cambridge STCE :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My choice would be:

8 Likes

Haha, I was expecting that. Thanks for the tip, looks good!

1 Like

Ooh, I had my eye on that one!

2 Likes

Look for anything from Mhoba, good quality medium prices.

5 Likes

Ungelagert finde ich auch lecker.

3 Likes

Favorite high ester below 175€ for me are HV Long Pond TECA 2005 and Plantation Hampden HJF 2002

Not available though regularly.

SBS generall has a good availability and also sells some high ester stuff for around 100€. Maybe have a look there.

3 Likes

You can also try that one, it is as high as ester gets (officially):

7 Likes

Savanna has a rather large amount of high ester bottles. For the 57° white HERR (RX142, RX12451) to some old rums. The Unshared cask for LMDW (RX10630), for instance, can be found around 135€ in France.

Prices and availability may vary according to the bottle chosen…

As far as I’m concerned, NRJ LP 2007 TECC (RX61) is setting the standard (along with the still less affordable Velier TECA 2005 (RX245).

3 Likes

Ooh, I love the HERR. Will keep an eye out for the Savanna and the Long Ponds you mentioned. Thanks!

4 Likes
7 Likes

Got that one. It’s delicious!

3 Likes

Love it too :grin::grin::grin:

9 Likes

Haha, you’re set for at least another month! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I find this one really good and unique/different:

Though a tad expensive here, paid around 100€ for mine.

5 Likes

I’ve been visiting Hampden Estate Jamaica two weeks ago. The distillery guide revealed that Hampden Rum Fire has an Ester level of 470 g/hl – well, that’s not really high Ester and it’s unaged, but: the price is more than fair und you won’t waste your precious Rums with a Mixer.

4 Likes

do you mean the velvet or overproof? I recall some youtube presentations where Christelle mentioned that both are HLCF but the overproof with higher ester count within the HLCF range. But anyway, it should be above 500, which makes me wondering on your given number :thinking:

2 Likes