Future of Worth Park's Rum-Bar Brand

I read that Rum-Bar is going to be a Jamaica only Brand and the supply of the 3 expressions will be discontinued in the rest of the world.

I don’t have a reliable source, but some rumours on Reddit. Dies any one of you have more reliable info?

I’d liked the Rum-Bar expressions a lot. They have been my entry to the Rum world and I use them a lot in drinks until today. For me Rum-Bar was always the better brand than Worthy Park. I’d wish they expanded the range, but they skipped to do so when theyjhadjthe chance e.g. with the WP 106 .

12 Likes

now have ja reliable source. Nina just confirmed it :sob:

9 Likes

Probably a Marketing decision to get the Worthy Park Brand more Into Premium Regions to become more interesting and remarkable in the international Market. There was the new overproof - wasn’t already branded as a Worthy Park overproof?

Liked RumBar too a lot!

8 Likes

RumBar Ultras unite :muscle::fire:

14 Likes

Ich liebe mein Shirt auch. Leider ist die Qualität so mittel und es löst sich langsam auf

7 Likes

Sad to hear it. Rum-bar overproof is/was my go-to inexpensive daiquiri rum that never failed to impress. We pour one out for this stalwart homie that has brightened so many occasions.

3 Likes

Sehr schade, das war mein liebster Overproof Jamaikaner. Direkt nochmal 10 Flaschen bestellt.

11 Likes

Es war (noch nicht) davon die Rede das die Lager leer sind :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation. Time to stock up on RumBar silver :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

The worthy park silver looks remarkably similar to the rumbar silver

5 Likes

Does anyone know if they are different in taste from Rum-Bar blue and green?

2 Likes

At least the overproof has a new recipe.

As far as I know, it was presented in London last year as a blend with their cane juice based Rum.

It’s supposed to have a fresher taste.

For Rum-bar the Silver was a diluted overproof. I have no info on the new release. Probably it’s a diluted version of the Overproof as well?

2 Likes

I’ve tried the new Rumbar Overproof and I have to say for me I like the new one better than the old one personally - likely because of the cane juice component. Daiquiri with the new one over the old one anyday!

7 Likes

Thanks.
As far I know the blue version is not just a diluted overproof. It has an higher WPE content to not lose too much taste

3 Likes

That is my understanding too, higher in ester count than the current overproof unless I was informed incorrectly.

2 Likes

Officially confirmed Worthy Park Silver and Rum Bar Silver are the same liquid

7 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation! At least in this case it’s only the brand.

2 Likes

And the most likely price :wink:

2 Likes