German Rum Festival 2023

Then I’ll wait to book my hotel and train until the Friday event is clear. The pressure is on, Oliver! :smile:

2 Likes

As this will be my first GRF, I’m wondering if the VIP ticket is the only way to taste some rarities, or if the exhibitors also have some rare bottles at their tables. Also, how many exhibitors are usually there? How about independent bottlers like Rum Artesanal and SBS? Is cane juice well represented? Sorry for all the questions. I’m just so excited! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

At the village’23 Kirsch had a lot of rarities, i think there will be the same in Berlin

4 Likes

No offense at all and congratulations on your wedding! I was too busy/lazy to organize something myself as well and decided to do the standard programm only :smiley:

@relicswish the VIP Ticket is only relevant for the VIP Tasting as far as I know. It has no impact on the offer of the exhibitors.
1423, which is the company behind SBS, usually has a rather big exhibition with at least one exclusive bottling and may be a lot of their H2 Release. Rum Artesanal was there before as well. We’ll see if they join this year as they seemed to have changed at lot in their organisation.
There is a lot of agricole and rum producers from other countries as well.

rarities can be found at Kirsch’s exhibition and probably at a catawiki exhibition as well

10 Likes

Sorry, yeah, that’s what I meant with the VIP ticket, whether the VIP tasting was the only path to some rarities. But I’d be more than happy just to try some new SBS releases and whatever Kirsch brings. Plus there are so many standard releases I’ve yet to try, so I should be very happy. And good news about the agricole! Thanks so much for the feedback.

5 Likes

There is loads of different possibilities to try out some rarities. I only go to a few stands (because I usually stay there for endless talks), but out of my mind Kirsch, Catawiki, Rom de Luxe, SBS, RumClub/Rumdepot, few agricole stands and maybe Haromex/Bristol would be a good starting point.

9 Likes

Yeah, that sounds amazing!

1 Like

If you are looking for rarities, you should definitely stop by Rene‘s Rarities (if he will be at the festival this year of course :sweat_smile:) - they have a very decent selection.

9 Likes

Sadly i dont have many pictures left of those stands. But this one here was at Rene’s Rarities.

11 Likes

Will be there Friday to Sunday :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Wir werden von Freitag - Sonntag in Berlin sein

4 Likes

Ah ja, ich bin auch Freitag bis Sonntag Vorort.

Bin gerne auch am Freitag Abend am Start für ein kleines get together :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Und was kostet der als Sample?

1 Like

Ich glaube es war 20€ für das Glas.

3 Likes

Ebenfalls wieder Freitag bis Sonntag in der Hauptstadt.

4 Likes

I’m coming on Friday, leaving on Monday, attending Saturday and Sunday.

5 Likes

There is a fathers day special with 25% off for the weekend ticket right now, at least for those who still need a ticket :nerd_face:

7 Likes

Hast du einen Link? Habe die vergünstigten Tickets eben auf die Schnelle nicht gefunden.

1 Like

Ist wohl automatisch

2 Likes

Ja dann muss dat wohl…

3 Likes