German Rum Festival 2023

Hey everyone!

I hope it’s okay that I’m creating a thread on this topic. Maybe somebody will create an “official” thread later, but I wanted to get a conversation started to see how many of you are going and if there are any community meet-ups planned. I still don’t have a ticket, and a lot of budget hotels are already completely booked, but I’m still hoping to make it to Berlin for at least the Saturday. It would be cool to meet some of you in real life!

Cheers,
Chris

11 Likes

I’ll arrive on Friday and be there on Saturday and Sunday.

5 Likes

I will arrive on Friday and visit the Festival on Sat + Sun :v:

6 Likes

Me too

5 Likes

I will be there as well and am really looking forward to seeing some of you again in person and meeting new people. Probably next week I will suggest a possibility for a small warmup party on Friday evening here in the forum. :smiling_face::tumbler_glass:

14 Likes

Hey Oliver, that is a great idea!
I‘m looking foreward too!
Greetings Michael

3 Likes

I will arrive Friday and leave on Monday. I will attend the festival on Saturday :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I would like to come too. but i need some tips. where can you reasonably and cheaply stay in the vicinity. I would arrive by train. How and where do I get next? Of course I can research all of this myself on the internet, but it’s usually the case that people who have already been there simply give better advice. that would be very nice if someone could help me with that. Are there insider tips or things you shouldn’t do or hotels that are just a letdown or a rip-off?
thank you in advance for your help.

3 Likes

I‘ll be there with my camper

2 Likes

Das ist wohl das beste, ich hab aber nur noch ein 30 Jahre altes Zelt und mein Schlafsack könnte man wahrscheinlich als Reizwäsche verkaufen, da bestimmt in den letzten Jahrzehnten die Motten daran geknappert haben.

5 Likes

There are some budget hotels 15 minutes walk from the Berlin Station, for instance Ibis budget. Mercure hotel also has decent prices and is much closer.

I’m probably arriving on Saturday morning (unless I change my mind and join the meeting :grin:)

8 Likes

Hi,

my daughter has her birthday on this weekend, so i will only attend on sunday.

regards

5 Likes

I will visit Berlin at the GRF weekend like in the last years from Friday-Sunday. Saturdays i will be at the GRF and happy to meet loads of new and old faces.

7 Likes

I will arrive on saturday and stay until sunday. Still looking for a hotel though. Can’t wait to meet you and drink some rums with you. Cheers!

3 Likes

Thinking about going on Saturday for a day trip.

4 Likes

I‘ll have to skip this one but can’t wait to attend again in 2024.

1 Like

I’ll be there from Friday to Sunday and at least trying to attend the GRF on Saturday and hopefully also on Sunday :slight_smile:

5 Likes

:sob:
I’m out. must take care of the kids.
my wife is in college. then bring nice things to share. that I’m getting some samples. Thanks
:sob:

3 Likes

It’s a pity this wasn’t announced before. Because the feedback to my question about a group activity on Friday was rather reserved, I booked only Saturday to Sunday. Nevertheless, a community meeting is a great event.
But I’ll be at the GRF both days and I’ll see you there!

9 Likes

Due to the heavy workload regarding my wedding preparations, I just didn’t get around to it. There will probably only be a small event with very limited seats, because I don’t want to take a separate location. But as I said: Details will follow as soon as I have worked off my todo pile here :wink:.

12 Likes