Hanse Spirit 2023

Ich bin mal so frei einen Beitrag für die Hanse Spirit zu eröffnen.

Ich werde es nur am Freitag schaffen da zu sein, vielleicht können wir ja hier wieder ein paar Tipps und Erfahrungen sammeln.

Ich habe auf den ersten Blick folgende ggf. für Rum-Freunde spannende Stände ausgemacht.

• Whisky Warehouse No. 8: Diamon 2004, Ten Cane 2012 & mehr?
  • Spirit of Rum: Rum Club, Baie des Tresoirs etc.
  • Perola: CDI, Bellamy’s etc.
  • 1423: SBS etc.
  • Ferrand: Chairman’s, Plantation etc.
  • Kirsch Whisky: hoffentlich auch mit Rum

Teilt aber auch gerne Tipps jenseits von Rum, da mangelt es mir noch an (positiver) Erfahrung.

Ich freue mich auf eure Eindrücke, hidden secrets und persönliche Begegnungen vor Ort. Ich hoffe der Dry January hält nicht allzu viele von einem Besuch ab :wink:

9 Likes

Glaube das hast du gut zusammen gefasst.

Ich bin wohl zumindest Donnerstag da. Samstag muss ich mal schauen.

Ich bin gespannt auf den Stand von Whizita. Die haben ihren exklusiven Cognac dabei und vielleicht noch ein paar andere interessante Raritäten.

Destillerie Kammer-Kirsch GmbH ist der Vertrieb von Rest&Be Thankful, falls die Rum dabei haben, könnte das interessant sein.

Bei Bremer Spirituosen Contor Bremen könnte es Pussers geben - ist aber sicher kein Highlight.

4 Likes

Schaffe es morgen doch nicht :frowning:

Hoffe, ich kann am Samstag kommen.

Edit. die Cognacs bei Whizita sind dann vermutlich weg :cry:

1 Like

Sehr spannend, mal was ganz anderes, super komplex und vielschichtig. Von Schokolade bis Zitrus ist alles dabei.
Aber 325€ die Flasche

5 Likes

Hoi, bin morgen da. Schreibt gern eine PM dann können wir uns zusätzlich vor Ort austauschen

Gruß

1 Like

Morgen bin ich nicht da, aber ein paar Rum Highlights von mir:

• Fancy Food & Lifestyle: wird vergleichsweise wenig besucht, hat aber super Sachen! Gerade Saint Aubin fand ich spannend, insbesondere den Blanc und Single Estate aus 2010 (RX13861)
  • Spirit of Rum: klar, der Fiji hat mich nicht von den Socken gehauen, aber haben ne breite Palette der Standardabfüllungen. Wer 15€ für ein sample ausgeben möchten bekommt auch nen 1990er Hampden
  • Plantation hat nen neuen Chairman’s Master Selection dabei, mir mit 46,2% aber etwas zu schwach, finde da den 20€ günstigeren Legacy fast besser
  • catawiki hat tolle Raritäten dabei, die Jungs sind auch klasse. Mein Highlight war da der 2007 TECC
  • und Lukas hat noch einen tollen Trinidad Rum gefunden

Kirsch und 1423 leider mit enttäuschender Auswahl.

Viel Spaß allen die morgen da sind!

5 Likes

It was nice especially meeting @Henry an his peers, but from a Rum perspective a bit underwhelming.

The best Rum was a 16 yo Trinidad from 2003 bottled by Single Cask Nation. It was a perfectly developed 2003 Profile with a decent sherry finish. Unfortunately, the wholesaler called for 180€ which is more than the current price at whisky maniac.

The top 3 of the best rums are completed by Catawiki.

The 1999 Rum Nation is Port Mourant at its best

An the 2007 TECC was a blast from a different galaxy.

Beside these oldies but goodies I really enjoyed the Saint Aubin Rums I tried
The Blanc pot still easily compete with the Saint James coeur the chauffe. Intense fruit flavors combined with grassy style sugar cane juice

The 2010 Saint Aubin Single Cask was much better than expected, but to expensive with 190€. The XO its expensive as well and can’t compete with the JM XO or similar expressions.

The Kleren range is much smoother than the Velier clairins but you won’t do a mistake buying one of them.

Not Rum Spirits I enjoyed:
Flickenschild vallein tercinier 1982 and 1978
While the 1978 was more intense due to a much higher ABV, the 1982 was more to my liking with a expressive tropical fruitiness I didn’t expect at a 40 year old cognac
Besides the rums I had at catawiki I really loved the Sample of the 1928 Cognac. Its an experience on its own to taste a Spirit old as this but its was very tasty with a superb balance of fruit and wood as well

I missed the last Sample of the 1988 Enmore by T’n’t Warehouse. The last bottle was killed before I had the chance to taste it.

14 Likes

Hi,

In my Opinion it was a little bit disappointing. Most of the stuff was standard and rarities hard to find. Especially Perola, which had a good range in the last years, was only mainstream.

Let’s see what the year will bring

2 Likes

I agree. The highlights weren’t new releases from well known bottlers but older rarities, niche producers (Saint Aubin) and the Flickenschild Cognacs
Perola seemed to have had the good stuff at 0711 fine spirits, but at least I had the chance to try the new 2007 clarendon.
Kirsch was a disaster from a Rum perspective. They didn’t even bring the Hampden standard range.
1423 was disappointing as well. They didn’t even had the Worthy Park standard range and only two SBS release but no Samples.
As written above, I spend quite a bit of time at Oxemham and tried some of the Klerens Clarins and the Saint Aubin bottling. The 2010 Single Cask from Saint Aubin was their hightlight and I see, you liked it as well. The pot still blanc from Saint Rubin was very good, too. I should have bought a bottle of that

4 Likes

I think its the first time I paid attention to it… what does “Continental Flavoured” mean in the label? Because in no way can it be a flavoured rum.

1 Like

In Longponds terminology that’s is the ester range between 700-1600.

It describes the (European) continental preference for high ester rum. Sometimes in History it is also called German flavour.

Flavoured is a suffix here which merely means after the continental flavour. But it is a bit out of date and the meaning has changed in common English nowadays

4 Likes

Yeah 1423 was embarrassing, only heavily sugared „rum“ there and the two S.B.S they had only to have a look on it.

St Aubin was definitely the highlight but the the bottle was empty mid of afternoon and no further available.

6 Likes