How to ? Protect your bottle label

Hi friends !

I wanted to know if you have any tips or recommendations to protect the label of your bottle AFTER you finish them ?

For my case I want to make a few empty bottle sort of daily water carafe / jug. So it need to be water proof to avoid ruining the label.

Any things to do this ?

I saw a few “wine label protector” online. Like a plastic film you can wrap your bottle with.

Thx !

6 Likes

The best way should definitely be to laminate the label. Unfortunately I can only find products on an industry scale and nothing you can order for your own personal use :frowning:

Parafilm would work too, but that wouldn’t look nice.

2 Likes

So you want to use the empty bottles as (daily use?) water bottles to put on the table? I guess the labels should withstand the occasional drop of water when spilling while serving. For cleaning thats a different story. If you plan to scrubb them with hot water or even put them in the dishwasher I have no idea how effective protection can be achieved.

For lighter use and occasional light cleaning maybe something like a clear coat of lacquer? There are probably variants that can be used on glass as well :thinking:

5 Likes

What about plastic spray? (Amazon.de)
It is transparent, resists water very well, only thing is: does it stick to glass?

4 Likes

Dieser Klacklack von Edding hält laut Beschreibung auch auf Glas.

Könnte das was sein?

2 Likes

Klacklack

ist ein schönes Wort :star_struck:

2 Likes

Haha tatsächlich. Das bleibt jetzt aber so! :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Yes indeed a few drops is no big deal for most of the case but als, yes sometime you have to wash the bottle and here is a bit problem.

I dont know this spray by Tata
but will look Thx !

1 Like

Do you want it with the label or why not remove the label? I do this often for oil or other liquids.
Easy to remove the label properly, 5 minutes in an oven at 140° or 150° and then, tear it off intact (it works almost all the times). Some labels can be removed with water, but that’s pretty rare.

3 Likes

Hi Rodolphe, with the label it’s best, but if it’s impossible… indeed, “removing” the label properly could be a nice option to save it and paste it on a wall or something like that maybe… nice idea ! thx

1 Like