Josh from the US

Hi, new here, curious if there are any other members from the US.

21 Likes

Hi Josh, welcome!

Unfortunately not many US members around, but it is never bad to be the first one and I am sure you will find many likeminded folks :slight_smile:

Enjoy :tumbler_glass:

14 Likes

Hi Josh, welcome.

Maybe there is someone lurking around quietly, as the forum at least is centered in central Europe especially the bottle split and shop recommendation part.

Where are you from in the US? As far as I can see from my own lurking in the r/rum and r/rum serious communities the US market is quite different from ours not only in offerings but also where and how to buy (or being allowed to even).

7 Likes

Hi Josh and welcome!

@xasmx is also US based :wink:

But overall not a lot of US forum members so far…

6 Likes

Hello Josh, greetings from New York :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Servus Josh, welcome to the forum, nice that you have made it here.

2 Likes

Welcome, Josh!

2 Likes

Welcome! :smiling_face::tumbler_glass:

According to app statistics, the US is already the 3rd largest user group with 17%. So there should be some silent readers from the USA in the forum. :smiling_face::us:

21 Likes

Hi Josh, welcome!

1 Like

Moin Josh :v: Welcome here!

Hi Josh! I’ve been wanting to find out as well, and I am from the US, in Boston! I recently asked on the Ministry of Rum facebook group (Redirecting...) if there were US rum enthusiasts interested in samples exchange, and will soon propose one on the platform since there seem to be enough members. Fingers crossed!

9 Likes

Looking forwards to it! Never managed to find my way into any sample exchange ring in the US, so mostly end up buying full bottles, which isn’t really cost viable in the long run when hoping to experience a wide variety of rums.

I’m thinking of posting my list of open bottles to the samples forum for US swaps to see how it goes.

6 Likes

@Oliver how to split the bottlesplits and offering samples thread in Europa and USA? Or creat an new categorie? Easy to find for users i think

4 Likes

I have just created a new sub-category to keep things organized. Subcategories can also be muted by clicking on the bell.

14 Likes

Well, I did it :slight_smile:

For a list of my current open bottles and sampling pricing for US only:
https://community.rum-x.com/t/us-xasmx-sample-list/14871

11 Likes

Living in Saint Louis Missouri metro

7 Likes

Checking in from California!

7 Likes

Hi Josh. I am new too. USA here. East Coast.

12 Likes

Welcome….really nice how global the App and the forum already acts.
When is the first global forum-member meeting and where ? Jamaica would be nice :joy:

5 Likes