Live from Spirits in the Sky (SITS) 2022

Well, since we’re on our way to Brussels by train, I might as well make an event here to dump some pictures and impressions.

Let’s get this show on the road :partying_face:

14 Likes

9 Likes

Thanks for the impressions!
Did you try that Jamaica/Trinidad blend from the Nectar with 70%?

1 Like

Yes we did… surprisingly mellow in the nose, more Trinidad forward, wood and caramel was said at that point. Didn’t taste as it was 70%

2 Likes

Damn this VIP-bracelet. Not even three o’clock yet. People just doing their best to get me drunk :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

11 Likes

Ex-CaroniTM??? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Did you try the 2022 Great House?

2 Likes

Nice impressions! Thanks for sharing them with us. :heart_eyes::tumbler_glass:

What was your highlight so far?

3 Likes

9 Likes

Yes I did… but maybe not in the right order. I was not that impressed or maybe I expected more from it :man_shrugging: Don’t get me wrong, it was not bad. But more something along the lines like “it has been done”.

1 Like

My highlights were the 2010 Cambridge, 2015 Monymusk MMW and the 2019 Long Pond STCE. Too bad that we were at the Velier stand at the moment that the masterclass was going on. So the replacement guy couldn’t really provide that much background information.

The first LAGG release had an impressive flavor profile as well for being only 3 years old and thus being barely allowed to be called Scotch Wisky.

Overall I didn’t enjoy SITS as much as Salon du Rhum to be honest. It had more of a business vibe to it.

8 Likes