New addition to the rum shelf

Just a tiny bit for a quick comparison :see_no_evil:. The Milano one has the same color as the Romdeluxe and nose/taste have the same REV profile. I like them both, but it has been just a quick tasting and I got a cold at the moment. So no guarantee :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Da ist er, der für mich bislang beste St. Lucia!! :star_struck:

20 Likes

:grin:

17 Likes

Have you tasted that rum? Is it comparable to the OB ITP (RX10803)?

4 Likes

I tasted very little and very quickly. Just enough to get an idea and take a whole bottle for myself :grin: because at first sight I think it is an excellent rum and moreover, an excellent value for money!
These are the profiles I love. Not too much ester but a hint of beeswax, lots of sweetness, a dark edge. Total pleasure.
I found that the description given by Barikenn on their site really gives a good idea of the product:

To the nose, this Jamaican rum immediately transports us into the cabin of an old sailing ship, the smells of noble wood, leather armchairs and sweet spices lining the glass leaving fat tears.
After being distilled in pot stills, this rum was aged for 13 years in Jamaica before finishing its maturation in Europe.
This long and largely tropical aging process has given this rum a rich texture; aromas of cinnamon, leather, varnish and antique wax intermingle with a long finish.

8 Likes

habe das Leaflet aus der HD Box mal eingescannt…

28 Likes

Mega cool. Danke!

4 Likes

Nach langer Zeit in der Flasche und endlich angekommen:

12 Likes

Oh, den habe ich auch bestellt. Dann müsste er bald auch bei mir ankommen. :grin:

2 Likes

Probierst Du den zeitnah? Es sind noch 75 Flaschen verfügbar und ich überlege :slight_smile: da wäre eine erste Meinung super.

Wenn noch jemand Interesse hat:

Vielen Dank

4 Likes

Well, this thing is bigger than expected :expressionless:

17 Likes

That’s what she said… :laughing:

Still waiting on my set. In the meantime, I’ve been wondering how to taste that set… will you open them? All at once? One after the other? Or will it be decorating the shelf?

6 Likes

:joy:

I’ll open them since I’m really curios about the set (and the bloody thing is way too big for my shelf). And I don’t know much about white rum so it will be a good starting point for me. All at once will be a little too much for me but I’ll probably do it in two takes.

The only problem is that it’s raining every day and that thing won’t fit into my backpack so I’ll have to wait a little before I take it home as I bicycle every day to and back from work.

4 Likes

So, letzte Lieferung für dieses Jahr :santa:

15 Likes

Für dieses Jahr war es das jetzt!
S.B.S Guyana 2001 SWR und die Coins Selection vom RumDepot.

13 Likes

Und, wie schmeckt er!?!

4 Likes

Ich finde ihn noch genau so lecker wie im Juli Als ich ihn das erste mal kosten durfte.
Funky, fruchtig, Klebstoff, Esther, Fass, sehr komplex.

Wenn ich Ihn aufmache, werde ich bestimmt 50cl versamplen. :grimacing::+1:t3:

Hab aber noch so 18 offene Flaschen :joy:
Ich muss einfach mehr und schneller trinken. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Das war meine Verkostungsnotiz

10 Likes

Danke für die schnelle Antwort :+1:, es hört sich ja vielversprechend an!

4 Likes

Schaut was der Weihnachtsmann mir gebracht hat :star_struck:
Danke an alle Teilnehmer der Flaschenteilung des COR Jamaica Edition no. 7 (HD) 1998!

31 Likes