Niche of the Niche - rather unknow rums

When looking for rums I often come across some bottles which aren’t one of the usual suspects with vintages or distilleries you can hardly compare to any other bottle. Buying these bottles is obviously quite a risk - but sometimes it may be worth a try.

In this thread, I want to collect all these niche rums, unknown bottlings, and curiosities that all of us find while looking for new rums.
Perhaps some of those bottles are interesting enough that a few of us like to share a bottle or buy one and trade the samples.

https://www.goldendropsdk.com/ghana-rum-american-oak-lbs
A 7 month old Cane Juice Pot Still rum from Ghana.

https://www.goldendropsdk.com/demerara-12yo

A colored guyana rum. probably from the 2007/2008 vintage. There are very few releases of this batch I know There was this Anam na h-Alba Guyana - which was quite controversial

https://www.goldendropsdk.com/diamond-17yo-aurum-edition
The labels says it is tropically aged but not much more. 2002 vintage probably - it is maybe from the same batch like the 18 years unconfirmed Still of That Boutique Rum Company

The Anam na h-Alba Guyana was not bad
and sold out very quick
I think i must still have one bottle

1 Like

I tasted it at the hanse spirit fair. Was impressive but I lacked experience. I’d love to taste it again. Do you want to sell, sample or share your bottle?

@lukasdrinkinghabits
the problem is that i have at the moment no access to my bottles. that is the reason why i have said that i think. at the end of september i will have again access.

but if i have already one, i have no problems to soll or share the bottle

2 Likes

Dieser Händler, ich weiß nicht wie seriös der ist, hat einige unbekannte abfüllungen aus japan

Angeblich ein Hampden von 2002

Und einen verdünnten von 2000

Und einen heftig teuren C<>H 2007:

Und noch ein paar andere Sachen

3 Likes

Der Händler sieht seriös aus. Zur Not mit PayPal zahlen.

Die Auswahl ist in der Tat abseits vom Mainstream, aber die Preise sind entsprechend hoch. Der 2007er Hampden wurde in Japan für 850HKD (~92€) verkauft. Da sind die 250€ schon ein ordentlicher Aufpreis. Wenns denn 2007er Hampden sein soll, die bekommt man auch günstiger (TWB, The Duchess…).

Trotzdem hat der Kaufreflex kurz gezuckt :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Mal wieder eine Kuriosität, die mich neugierig macht. @crazyforgoodbooze war gar nicht begeistern, aber die Rahmendaten sind sehr interessant:

19 Jahre, Cask Strength, Mark MD (Enmore Still!)

Mark MD gab es bisher nur theoretisch. Es ziert zwar die Mark Sammlung in Crowdsourcing Guyana Rum Marks, konnte aber keine Flasche dazu finden.

Vermutlich ist es auch hier wieder ein Fehler und es ist ein Versailles oder ähnliches. Mit einer angeblichen Cask Strenght von 49,5% hat er aber satte 15% weniger Alkohol als der KFM von Transcontinental.

Traue dem Braten nicht, bin aber neugierig :smiley:

1 Like

@lukasdrinkinghabits
habe bei mir jetzt nachsehen können und festgestellt, dass ich keine Flasche mehr von dem Guyana habe, nur noch eine Flsche von dem Barbados

Vielen Dank! Barbados ist für mich nicht interessant

What is this? A 12 yo 2002? I can’t find any other information on that. It’s rather cheap as the old days rums has been. The tasting notes sound like a high ester rum. It might be a VRW - as there are a couple of those from 2002.