Of morays, cephalopods and other exotics, or what I recently found in my sample box

Well, had another funny idea as this beauty was around this evening checking out my sample box…

we never had an endemic spiders release series, hadn’t we?

17 Likes

This is childhood trauma for me :see_no_evil::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

This brings back memories of a trip to Isla Mageritha/Venezuela.
At that time we were traveling in a jeep to explore the island. when suddenly iron chains were stretched in front of and behind our car and children came towards us with spiders like that and they were counting on cars everywhere and said: give us your money.
That wasn’t a fun trip.
cost me a swatch watch and $10.
Luckily we didn’t have any more with us.

6 Likes

Wow that sounds sketchy! At least it was only spiders and not machetes and machine guns i guess

4 Likes

That is massive!! Do you have any redbacks in your collection?:smile:

3 Likes

No this was two days later, when we were in a shop to buy something to drink. The shop was raided, but only the shop, we not :sweat_smile:
To look back that was the craziest trip in my life :rofl:

4 Likes

:grimacing: gee wizz!

3 Likes

Note to self: stay away from Venezuela :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I am sorry but you have to face your fesrs! Childhood trauma is very much learned rather then substantial

2 Likes

scary for most people, they would not have had success with me. Been across Venezuela ages ago. It was an amazing trip with no issues at all. But not a good place to travel anymore.

3 Likes

I’ve always had arachnophobia. My brother (4 years older) had one of those bastards. He found it amusing to wake me by putting it somewhere on me when I was still sleeping. Not my most favorite moments growing up :joy: it’s a good thing I can laugh about it nowadays :wink:

3 Likes

But they taste really nice when roasted like in Thailand :yum:

5 Likes

I honestly don’t know if I can persuade myself to try it if I’m ever given te opportunity :rofl:

3 Likes

may be it helps against the trauma “eat your trauma and get rid of it”

3 Likes

no red backs, but remember while taking pictures of other spiders in Venezuela I realized that I was sitting basically in middle of a colony of red backs :grimacing: not as bad as their reputation

4 Likes

That’s a totally different way of “eating your emotions” :joy:

2 Likes

That was 25years ago, but there also was nice and expression moments at the trip. But it will be much better places to travel

2 Likes