Rhum Agricole/Martinique

Ich trinke/genieße mich gerade durch die ungelagerten Rhums von der Insel Martinique, da ich mich auf Martinique spezialisiert hab. Ich genieße die Rhums als Ti Punch aber auch pur. Es ist schön, das der Rhum von der Insel soviel zu bieten hat und eben nicht alle gleich schmecken, dass macht es ja so interessant. Natürlich versuche ich auch so preiswert wie möglich einzukaufen. Sind die Rhums ihren Preis wert?! Soll ich mich preislich einschränken?! Sehe ich die Arbeit und den Aufwand, der dahinter steckt, denke ich das die Preise angemessen sind.

TiPunch: Testing the Neisson 52,5% and the La Mauny 50% right now at this moment.:cocktail:

Both are very lovely!:heart_eyes:

Neisson seems to be more floral and vegetable and less fruity than Neisson 70%.

La Mauny tastes also less vegetable & floral and more fruity than Neisson 52,5%.
Personally, I slightly prefer La Mauny and Neisson 70%, but all of these Rhums are on the highest level for use as an ingredient for TiPunch!

5 Likes

4 Likes

That looks very tasty!

And also very lemon-y, are you using lemon juice?

2 Likes

I’m using lime -juice (3 cl).

2 Likes

Verwendest Du Sirup oder Zucker? Ich finde, der Sirup nimmt dem Rhum den Charakter und macht ihn sanfter.

Zumeist Zuckerrohrsirup von J.M.
Habe Zucker und Sirup auch noch nicht gegeneinander im TiPunch verprobt…

1 Like

ICH nehme frische Limette 1 bis 2 achtel und einen gestrichenen Teelöffel Rohrzucker auf 6 cl Rhum. Ich hatte den Rohrzucker gegen 1 cl Sirup getauscht und der Rhum war echt milder und hatte auch ein anderes Aroma. Vielleicht war es auch zuviel Sirup🤔. Ich bleibe bei Rohrzucker.

2 Likes

Wie sagt man hinsichtlich der Zutatenverwendung und des Mischverhältnisses doch so schön: “Chacun prepare sa propre mort”!!:cocktail::ok_hand:t4::raised_hands:t4::blush:

2 Likes

Hat jemand eine Idee wie das Mischungsverhältnis in dieser Flasche sein könnte?

Wäre spannend darüber was zu erfahren

1 Like

Have any of you guys tried Renegade Rum? https://shop.renegaderum.com/

I find it very different to other agricoles

2 Likes

The few I tried are great, although not much aged rum yet.

Renegade is the rum project of Mark Reynier, former Bruichladdich owner and now Waterford. He is a huge proponent of the concept of terroir, which he pushes in all his projects.

If there is any effect in rum still bas to be seen…

3 Likes

I am aware of who he is :slight_smile:
Just wanted to share this. If anyone is going into agricole, I think this is an easy way to get there. And so tasteful!

2 Likes

I remember trying one once that I didn’t think was bad.

They probably don’t really taste typically like Agricoles, because they really aren’t. At least not by definition, because Grenada is not a French overseas department. That’s probably why they don’t call their products rhum, but rum. The raw material is sugar cane juice, but the production methods probably differ from those of the established Agricole distilleries.

2 Likes

It would be interesting to see if his influence would go further than Grenada, so everyone was much more focused on their terroir (if they aren’t already)

1 Like

Going back to the original question, managed to bastardize the classic ti’punch by using Neisson 105 and orange juice. It’s dangerously drinkable, much more so than the classic white+lime combo according to everyone I fed this so far.

Profile 107 works as well but I find that wildly sipable in itself while 105 ticks me off a bit somehow.

I also wanted to ask if anyone had the chance to try the Neisson Bio Sirop, how is it, any difference from the regular run of the mill syrups?

3 Likes

Never heard that before, but sounds like a damn good paraphrase :smile: I’ll keep it in mind!

1 Like