RumX2: Support for performance troubleshooting

Das hatte ich auch. Deinstallieren und neu installieren hat eine deutliche Verbesserung gebracht.

2 Likes

Ich bin noch einem Bug auf der Spur, der in seltenen FĂ€llen die Performance verschlechtert (Cache wird nicht mehr sauber geleert). Bitte probiere mal den von @RumTaTa vorgeschlagenen Workaround aus. Der sollte das Problem beheben. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, mir ist aufgefallen das es oft unglaublich lange dauert (wenn ĂŒberhaupt) ein Bild zum Beispiel ein Screenshot hochzuladen.
Von einem Android Smartphone

1 Like

Ich habe seit dem letzten Up-Date öfter AbstĂŒrze , Smartphone iPhone 12 max (iOS 15.5)

1 Like

Danke fĂŒr den Hinweis. Untersuche ich. :relaxed::raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

Hey Michael,

im letzten Update habe ich unter der Haube einige Performance-Optimierungen implementiert.

Hast Du die AbstĂŒrze bei bestimmten Aktionen / Screens oder „zufĂ€llig“?

Mir geht es Ă€hnlich, aufgefallen ist es mir vor allem wenn ich von einer anderen App zu einer laufenden Verkostung zurĂŒckgewechselt bin. Was natĂŒrlich besonders Ă€rgerlich ist, da die bis dahin eingetragen Notes dann natĂŒrlich weg sind.

Bei mir auch mit iOS 15, aber auf dem iPhone SE (2020)

1 Like

Hi Oliver,
das waren verschiedene Aktionen:

1. Beim Suchen und nach dem ich den entsprechenden Rum ausgewÀhlt hatte
  2. Bei der Speicherung eines Sample
    und
  3. Beim Lesen einer Verkostung

Gruß Michael

Danke fĂŒr Deine Hinweise. Das Update 10.9.3 mit entsprechenden Fix habe ich gerade bei Apple und Google zur PrĂŒfung eingereicht. :relaxed::raised_hands:t3:

3 Likes

Hi,

Just a reminder: I had to uninstall the app a second time, as the loading time in the feed was getting annoyingly long. Fresh reinstall brought an update (new red highlighting of the filled parts for reviewed rums) and immediate performance increase.
I noted, however, that my inventory was empty until the feed was loaded
 (yes it took so long that i could do other things in the meantime).
Does the app always sync the own inventory from my phone with the online database?

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know, Marc!

Actually, the local cache should not get “dirty” over time - hopefully this will be fixed soon in an update of the database implementation. In the meantime, I have implemented a workaround in the upcoming update (11.0.0): When logging out, the local cache is cleaned. So if performance problems occur again in the future, logging out and logging in again will help - uninstalling the app is then no longer necessary.

About the caching mechanism:
The data is stored locally on the device, so you can use the app even without an internet connection - in a dark cellar bar for example. When (re)starting the app, 2 things are checked:
a) Regarding the database: are there any new rums?
b) Regarding your tastings: Is the data on the server newer than on the device?
If so, an refresh will then take place.

In the last few months I have implemented some additional performance improvements. The app should now run smoother also on older devices.

How is the performance for you in the latest version? Have the original issues been resolved?

Hi, had no issues yet.

1 Like

Seit den letzten Updates ist es um einiges Stabiler und öffnet schneller!
Top :grin::grin:

2 Likes

Kann mich da nur anschließen. App war vor ein paar Wochen immer wieder nach dem öffnen direkt abgestĂŒrzt. Jetzt lĂ€uft es rund :+1:

1 Like

Keine Performanceprobleme mehr hier.

Performance ist einwandfrei.
Hatte aber bisher selten Probleme
erst nach dem 10.Rum :joy:

2 Likes

To revisit the initial performance problem and make further optimizations if necessary: How does the app behave for you in the meantime? Is everything running smoothly and nicely or are there still performance problems (at certain points)?

I am looking forward to any feedback from you. :smiling_face::tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

Hello there,

Overall I have a great experience with RumX. However I notice sometimes that the app crashes when I tap on a rum to get some information about it. It doesn’t occur all the time but it’s been a few days that it happened to me. I don’t know if other people experience the same kind of issue as I do, but I just wanted to point that out even if overall the experience in the app is delightful. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey Maxime,

thanks for pointing this out. In fact, I also noticed such a crash a few days ago. I directly tried to reproduce the crash but could not provoke it anymore.

If you notice a certain pattern when this crash occurs, please let me know, so I have a chance to localize the error better.

Thanks also for your great feedback on the app! I’m also very proud of how well the app has evolved in terms of UI and usability over the past few weeks. :partying_face::tumbler_glass:

3 Likes