Suggestion for a true Martinique Ti’ Punch

Hello there!
I just (sadly) finished my Rhum Bologne 55° unaged, that I find really great in a ti’ punch…
Sooo… now I gotta find a worthy successor…maybe moving towards a Martinique one…
I was looking to a Saint James Fleur de Canne (only 50°), an HSE blanc Cuvée 2016 or a Neisson Bio…
Any better options?

Thanks!

3 Likes

I am using the Saint James Couer de Chauffe (60°) with the Saint James or Giffard saveur rhum sugar syrups. As an alternative the Saint James Brut de Colonne works as well (74.2°).

3 Likes

One of my all time favorites is JM blanc 50. Suits always great in a Ti Punch. Karukera blanc https://rumtastingnotes.page.link/vh9cVAqq8mvnQW4VA is also good

3 Likes

I also really like the Papao 2019 from Depaz at the moment. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Furthermore, I have collected top rated rums in RumX for a Ti Punch in the following list:

3 Likes

I have just tried the Père Labat Blanc 59 some days ago and I have to say that it works superbely well for a good Ti‘Punch :tumbler_glass::yum: It is also fairly priced, i.e. 25 Eur/liter.

4 Likes

Wow, that was actually on my checklist! So I will definitely try that!

1 Like

Ich hatte gerade einen mit dem Hampden White LROK!
:yum::yum::yum::yum: Mein bislang Bester!

2 Likes

@mto75 the Pere Labat finally arrived!! I gotta sya…it is truly wonderful…definitely more earthy and grassy than the Rhum Bologne (which was more on the lemon-y side)…and 29€ (I managed to pay it only 24) was a true bargain!

1 Like

@Stylo

glad you like it :blush: I think it suits really well for a Ti Punch. It is adding its own distinct flavour, but not in an aggressive way, it is rather a very nice complement to the sugar and lemon notes. I fully agree that it is very good value for money. Maybe we should secure a couple of bottles before they realize that they could sell for more :wink:

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I thought! With the Bologne was a little bit punched to the lemon/zeist note…the Pere Labat is absolutely balanced and softer…and given the 59°, i find it very suitable with a big ice cube, making it refreshing but preserving the usual kick in the face of the ti punch :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Was meint ihr?
Ist der noch trinkbar?

Botteld 1960

1 Like

Wenn der Korken dicht ist, warum nicht!

1 Like

I tried a “Baie des Trésors” (rx11817) at RhumFest Paris with just a small lime zest and found it really good.
It’s ABV seems perfect for a ti-punch. Just a small hint of sugar for those who want. And two drops of fresh lime.

I also really like Sodade Rumporter edition (rx12506) this way. Almost no sugar is needed. Despite its low ABV, it’s freshness is really enjoyable.

(Sorry for the glass :slight_smile: )

Otherwise, you don’t take any risk with a Neisson 52,5 :drooling_face:

4 Likes

Saint James brut de colonne, RX7258 / RX9422

2 Likes