Tasting with Mads Heitmann

On the way to Aarhus to attend a luxury tasting with The Heitmann himself :heart_eyes:

More to come :tumbler_glass:

17 Likes

Have fun! I am excited to read about your impressions…

2 Likes

Warmup :yum:

A wonderful afternoon has come to an end and now I’m in the bar having a relaxing extra sipper :tumbler_glass:

Cheers and a nice weekend to you all :heart_eyes:

16 Likes

Nice lineup! But I don’t get why the El Dorado Last Casks is included? How is that a “cult rum”? Wasn’t it released only a few months ago? Did I miss something?

3 Likes

Yeah, I was wandering, too. I guess it is in the lineup because it is made by George Robinson, who has some cult status. But the rum itself is very new on the market.

@KevinDK Looks like a successfull day! Which one do you recommend most?

3 Likes

They’re all rare rums already. I think the last cask was included because it has a nice heavy style profile.

My top 3 is.

1. Hampden HLCF
  2. El Dorado Last Cask
  3. Neisson XO full proof

But overall the entire range was pretty good :tumbler_glass:

11 Likes

TBH by your experience with Rum isnt it more like Mads Heitman gets to attend a Tastig with Kevin DK himself :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

@Nivius Mads is really good at both making and giving tastings and I love the positive aura around him when he’s telling about the rums. His advantage being that he’s also visited many of the distilleries in the Caribbean :slight_smile:

I have only tasted a lot of rums over a very long period of time :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes