The best independent rum bottlers

Hey

I’m quite new to rum, and I have recently caught the eye of independent bottlers such as velier, rum sponge and Samaroli. I would like to ask if there is anymore notable independent rum bottlers to add to the names above, for someone new to the rum world :slight_smile:

Thanks

8 Likes

I had some good picks with Transcontinental Rum Line and Compagnie des Indes. Good value for money.

5 Likes

Welcome to the RumX community, @Jayweb!

In January, we analyzed all the reviews from 2022 as part of the big RumX Year in Review, including the best independent bottlers. You can find the full report here:

And in the end, of course, nothing beats tasting lots of rums from different independent bottlers yourself. The bottle split section here in the forum is the perfect place to go for that. :smiling_face::tumbler_glass:

11 Likes

Thanks for the repost, Oliver. Very useful post tonexplore the Indies.

4 Likes

One thing I can add, remember that even the best IB sometimes has poor releases. Therefore I encourage you to check the individual bottle reviews before getting stuff.

From my experience, I’ve never been disappointed by Kill Devil and That Boutique’y Rum Company and those are the ones that I’d buy in blind :grin:

7 Likes

Thanks for all the good replies, will definitely do some research before diving into a bottle, but all the recommendations sound very good and well established

4 Likes