Purchase price of bottle: 298€ (25cl)
Quantity to split: 56cl (14x4cl)

Sample prices:
4cl: 48,00€

Shipping (incl. new sample bottles, labels):

• Germany: 5,50€ (insured)
  • EU: 16€ (insured)

Conditions:

• With a participation you confirm that you are at least 18 years old and accept the stated conditions
  • No profit intention on my part
  • The sample bottles are carefully packed by me for shipping
  • As a private person I can not offer any guarantee/warranty and right of withdrawal
  • The buyer confirms that he is at least 18 years old (legal drinking age)
  • Samples will be shipped after receipt of payment (bank transfer)

Participants:

1. DomM
  2. DomM
  3. DanielS
  4. FabiDram
  5. Mariano56
  6. Lot-NAS
  7. MoparRules
  8. MoparRules
  9. KennyOMG
  10. mto75
  11. MrRumantic
  12. Vinsdorf
  13. Pi_ig
    14.TheRhumHoe

https://www.rum-x.com/rums/16875/

Additional informations:

:tumbler_glass: Rare Vintage UK Navy Rum Flagon from 1953 - A Piece of Nautical History! :ship:

Discover a true piece of maritime history with this vintage UK Navy Rum dating back to 1953. This unique artifact offers a glimpse into the past, providing a direct connection to the naval traditions and practices of the time.

:scroll: Key Features:

• SRD: Supply Reserve Depot: This flagon once helds a "SRD“ staple from the British Royal Navy stock.
  • Taunton Stock for Navy Rum: The rum inside this flagon was sourced and stocked from Taunton.
  • O.H.M.S / On Her Majesty’s Service: The marking “O.H.M.S” symbolizes the dedication of those who served Her Majesty during that era.

:clinking_glasses: Specifications:

• Volume: Originally filled with Old Imperial Measurements, equivalent to approximately 4.55 liters or 8 UK pints.
  • Alcohol Strength: Labeled as 4.8 U.P. (100-4.8 underproof), which translates to 95.2° proof or 54.4% alcohol by volume. This information takes you back to the alcohol strength system used in the UK before 1980.

:spiral_notepad: Provenance and Inspection:

• J. Read, Controlling Officer: The flagon bears the name of J. Read, the controlling officer responsible for this valuable cargo at that day. This adds an element of personal connection to the historical context.
  • Last Inspection: The last documented inspection of volume and ABV took place on August 20th, 1953.

:ocean: A Glimpse into Naval Heritage:
Experience the spirit of the sea and the legacy of the British Royal Navy through this authentic 1953 Navy Rum Flagon. Whether you’re a history enthusiast, a collector of rare artifacts, or simply intrigued by the maritime world, this flagon holds a story waiting to be shared.

Don’t miss the chance to try a piece of nautical history from 1953 and embark on a journey through time and tradition.

IMG_0113

Video of the opening is too big for
here, can be provided :smile:

15 Likes

Very nice. 2x 4cl Bitte :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sehr cool. Bin auch mit 4cl dabei.

1 Like

4cl bitte :smiley:

1 Like

4 cl bitte

1 Like

@Lunulata This really looks great and also many thanks for sharing all the details!

I would also like to participate in this split, but I am a little bit confused with the purchase price (298€ for 25cl - this should be 250cl, right?

I don’t want to hassle you but it seems like something went wrong in your calculations, or maybe I am mixing something up.

3 Likes

Ah Never mind, the base is a 25cl bottle from which you are splitting 4cl, right?

1 Like

Hi Lot-NAS

the full flagon was slightly less than 18 bottles à 2.5dl. You can imagine, such a flagon is really expensive incl. shipping tax etc. bottle price for 25cl is indeed 298€.
Covering all cost to do the split, this is what I came out with, dont try to make a business here ;).

4 Likes

Many thanks for clearing it up, I was a little bit confused by the stated purchase price of a bottle of 25cl allowing a share of 14 x 4cl.

Nevertheless, many thanks for this great opportunity and your efforts, I would gladly join in with 4cl :slight_smile:

3 Likes

yeah indeed a bit confusing I have to admit. Also the size is unusual… the goal was to make it accessable to more people to try indead of bottle 6 regular 0.7l bottles.
Would have been a lot easier to bottle/sell/receive payment/ship just 6 bottles :blush:

4 Likes

4cl please, great opportunity, thanks

1 Like

4cl please, what a sampling!

1 Like

thanks very much for sharing! 4cl please :+1: I recognise the flagon, it is the one from RA July…

2 Likes

4cl please. Have to try. Thanks.

1 Like

4cl please :pray:

1 Like

another 4cl if not more interest

1 Like

4cl for me too, thanks!

1 Like

Would gladly take 4 cl if possible please :slight_smile:

1 Like

If there is a 4cl set left, i would take it please