Welche Destillerien gibt es in Japan?

Hallo,
Ich habe folgende Destillerien in Japan gefunden, gibts da noch mehr?

Cor Cor Rum
Teeda Rum
Kiyomi Rum
Ryoma Rum
Nine Leaves Rum
Santa Maria Rum
Ogasawara Rum
Rurikakesu Rum
OneRum Single Island Rum
Rurikakesu Rum
Kiyomi Rum
Minoki Rum
Makugan Rum
Seven Seas Rum
Rum Za
Suntory Rum
Ie Lab Rum

11 Likes

Hi there,
I’m planning a trip to Japan and if already there, why not make a distillery tour (@KevinDK, your list is very useful for me now). Has anyone been to any of the distilleries or can otherwise recommend any? Unfortunately some distilleries are located on quite remote islands but I’ve already found the Nine Leaves interesting and approachable but their website says they don’t invite visitors to the distillery :frowning:. Looking Foreward your experiences/recommendations.

2 Likes

doing research on my own and I found out that Cor Cor, Kiyomi and Teeda are brands of the same distillery: Helios Distillery from Okinawa. Generally all the Japanese distilleries are located in very remote islands, with one exception, the Nine Leaves from Honsiu.

4 Likes

@Kudzey according to my Japanese wife, tours are not very common in distilleries in Japan. There might be a chance at Suntory, which has several breweries and distilleries throughout Japan.

Crossing my fingers that you find places to visit.

By the way, there are many nice bars in the bigger cities with a large range of rum and especially whisky. The rum community is growing very fast, so in the future it’ll get even better I think.

4 Likes

Do you have any bar recommendations? I’ll probably stay in Honsiu most of the time and visit all the major cities.

2 Likes

Probably the top one is Bar Lamp in Ginza. The ovner is a rum aficionado and one of the founding members of the rum society in Japan.

I will have my wife find some other cool places. I know there are many bars in Shinjuku and also many really good tiny restaurants hidden in the small alleys. A must try for travellers :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Bar Lamp looks great, added to my list

2 Likes

Something new has arrived in Tokyo :tumbler_glass:

Can only be enjoyed at this restaurant (for now) :blush:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/4Y9j6SciTVVM5e3Q8

The sugarcane used are from the different Okinawa islands they represent.

4 Likes

Looks great! Where can I find it?

2 Likes

@Kudzey online shop here.

And the restaurant is here.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/4Y9j6SciTVVM5e3Q8

2 Likes

Wow, ich wusste nicht, dass die Japaner auch Rum herstellen. Ich muss mal nach einem Sample ausschau halten.

2 Likes