What are you drinking / random rum talk

War am Samstagabend dort. Vornehmlich beim Whisky hängengeblieben statt beim Rum. Es wird sicherlich nicht das letzte Mal gewesen sein :slight_smile:

1 Like

J Bally at its best.

18 Likes

doesn’t look like an imperfect live :wink:

3 Likes

Enjoy your evening :slightly_smiling_face:

22 Likes

No cigar today ?

4 Likes

No, the boss will be home soon. She won’t approve :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

Haha … being a good boy just drinking high proof spirits :joy:

11 Likes

The „Dry January“ is over :sunglasses: Let‘s starting the party! The Ti Punch is following :tropical_drink:

19 Likes

A small glass of Caroni before my better half comes home.

19 Likes

Heute ist der Chairmans Reserve Masters Selection for RomDeLuxe angekommen. Die Samples sind schon abgefüllt. Jetzt geht es an das verpacken. In der Zwischenzeit darf der Rum atmen und später mach ich mich ans verkosten.

Aber ich kann schon verraten: während des Abfüllens in Sampleflaschen standen fette schwere Aromen in der Luft! Das ist Definitiv ein massiver Rum! Vom ersten schnuppern und sippen für mich auf jeden Fall im Bereich 90+

18 Likes

Now I regret that I didn’t ask for a sample… :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Where you find the sample?

2 Likes

I had the chance to taste this at the store today.

14 Likes

How did you like it? :nerd_face:

2 Likes

I loved it. It’s a little on the woody side, one can really taste the barrel. In addition it’s spicy and has dried fruit. The nose is a little Caroni ish. Really lovely. I wouldn’t mind buying a bottle but not at the French price which is extremely high: 479€.

Edit: I had to drink this rather quickly as I needed to get back to work. And we were chatting as we sampled this rum. I would love to try it again, to let the rum rest for 30 minutes and take my time to really appreciate it.

And another edit: I found a bottle in the Netherlands for 399€. I wouldn’t mind splitting one and would take up to 20cl to make this happen.

13 Likes

Well… if you care to split one, I would happily take 10cl :grin:

Also could take care of forwarding some Samples in Germany for others interested, of course :raised_hands:

7 Likes

@MikeH, I’m also in with a sample. :heart_eyes:
And would like to appreciate the delivery service of @DomM. :blush::+1:

1 Like

I‘ m also in :grin:

2 Likes

Enjoying the Plantation HD 2001 for the first time with enough time to actually enjoy and rate it.

What a sensational release for 149€. Hampden <>H, 0,7 liters and 18 years tropical aged. In times where prizes are getting crazy by the majority of the IB’s I’m utterly impressed by this release.

89/100 for me

the OB HD 2001 is also stunning and wins the comparison by just an inch.
90/100 for me

Finally the Mai Tai test.
What a bomb :jamaica:.

16 Likes

Great New Yarmouth 1994 V&M pairing with unofficial Magnum 46 Upmann

11 Likes