What to do with empty Sample Bottles

What are you doing with empty sample bottles? I have quite a few lying around and don’t want to throw them away but don’t know what to do with them either…
I don’t have any special bottles that I could share and will give up my apartment so I have to get rid of them.

Is anyone of you interested in around 20 2cl and 20 5cl bottles?

3 Likes

I do a lot of bottle splitting, in a size of ordering sample bottles in their thousands around twice a year. I try to offer people, if they desire to reuse washed bottles. Also when i give samples away for free i usually use old and washed bottles…

7 Likes

Yes of course!
As long as it is glass… I don’t see the problem of reusing it. You don’t get a new wine glass for every new bottle! (at least, not me :joy: ).
The problem would come more from the cork, it’s better to have new corks.

6 Likes

Yes, screw tops should be changed. But they are quite cheap…

3 Likes

If you have a half full big bottle of your best rum you can split it to your small samples. This will stop the deteriorating effect of frequent contract with air. At least that’s what I do. Then you don’t exchange the air every new pour and the majority of your rum remains sealed.

And if you arrange a split is totally fine for me to reuse bottles.

5 Likes

For this i have a lot of 35/20/10 cl bottles. Especially the 20 i frequently reuse! 100% Agree and under that should not be in a big container anyway

5 Likes

Same thing here, I put what’s left in smaller, more suitable bottles.

6 Likes

As I‘ve hinted at already: I need to get rid of my bottles…
Is anyone interested in these used sample bottles? Either for pick up in Hamburg or shipped (I need to weigh the bottles to know the shipping costs)

4 Likes

I really wouldn’t mind getting those but I worry the shipment cost would exceed their value. How much would it be to send them to Poland?

3 Likes

It should be 14€ or 16€, I‘m not sure whether that’s worth it for you even if I empty 10 bottles in the coming days.

3 Likes

Sorry, I’d really like to help but the economy is against us :frowning:

5 Likes

Even inside Germany, with a 5,50 Euro that would still equal the price of what I pay for a new one for the 30 displayed here. :slightly_frowning_face:

I thought a while ago the same is with packaging but to have a reusable package is kind of senseless if the collection costs the same as shipping it in the first place

4 Likes

I’ll take my empty sample bottles with me on my next vacation and fill myself up with some of my open bottles.
especially in egypt or other countries it is good to have some good rum with you.
on the way home sand is filled in as a souvenir.
Otherwise I use it myself to fill up something with friends or at trade fairs

2 Likes