What upcoming releases are you most looking forward to?

Ein paar mehr Infos und Tasting Eindrücke vom CDR /Excellence Rhum Eminente

8 Likes

Sehr interessant! Hat den schon jemand verkostet und könnte ihn in die RumX-Datenbank einpflegen?

Edit: Sorry, hab überlesen, dass der am 10.06. released wird.

Edit 2: Sorry, kurzer Nachbrenner.Hat inzwischen jemand verstanden, weshalb es zwei Batches gibt?

1 Like

The WPL-CJN part is interesting… there’s a single marque release of that over at rumstylez:

Distilled in a double retort pot still at the oldest distillery in Jamaica.
This unique expression was created using fermented cane juice and not the traditional molasses.
WPL-CJN translates to Wxxxxx Pxxx Light – Cane Juice.
This rum is produced in 100% the same way as WPL, only the base is changed from molasses to cane juice.

Have we seen that before?

9 Likes

Yes. Nina brought a bottle of that magic juice to the GRF 2021, she had it under her counter :D. That was the best WP I ever had. Although, I’m unsure which mark it was.

If that’s that rum, I want a bottle.

Edit. but the Rum Stylez is an aged rum? The one Nina brought the GRF was an unaged expression.

9 Likes

@lukasdrinkinghabits it´s stated as a white rum (on the page) so I assume unaged. But the label states premium aged rum but not indication for how long it was aged…

8 Likes

Maybe it is “aged” in a steeltank :wink:

8 Likes

:rofl: Genau so

4 Likes

Or à few month aged

2 Likes

it will be available from 6 June onwards…

10 Likes

At close to 600€ for 50cl. Too rich for me but I’ll try to score a sample though.

12 Likes

mal eine Frage an die Mai Tai Experten: ist schon bekannt in welchen Shops der Appleton 17 / W&N17 Replica (Trader Vic) verfügbar sein wird? Habe bisher nur das gefunden

‚The 17 Year Old Legend will also be available at select premium retailers starting in June, 2023, in the United States, Jamaica, the United Kingdom, France, Italy, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Austria, Denmark, Singapore, Taiwan, South Korea, New Zealand, Japan, and Hong Kong for SRP $500.‘

7 Likes

We are not splitting this, right?

5 Likes

it is not yet available in Europe as to my knowledge…but i would be definitely in for a split :smiley: as far as I know, the Trader Vic Mai Tai from the 40s was with 6cl of the W&N 17…so it would be something rather decadent, but for a one time experience, why not :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

For now, you can already purchase an NFT of the 17 Legend, which is even more expensive than the Rum! :person_facepalming:

https://blockbar.com/brands/appleton-estate/appleton-estate-17-year-old-legend-limited-edition

I don’t get it…

5 Likes

I love the marketing; what is “number one” american white oak? :rofl:

THB, if Appleton gave them the bottle just like Dictador usually does, this is a point in minus from my perspective

2 Likes

The blockbar thing combines an NFT, some digital artwork as I understand correctly, with a bottle, thus the premium.

3 Likes

Guess that’s a higher quality than “number two” :smile:

2 Likes

Still too expensive… On the other hand, NFTs seem to be a pretty good investment opportunity if you like risky speculations and know the market. But that topic belongs into another forum…

2 Likes

I have to say that I am not a big fan of NFTs, most of them are not underlying true trading volume…but indeed this would be another forum

3 Likes

Maybe the char #one toasted barrel, means that the fire was carried past the barrel :grin:

3 Likes