#24DaysOfRum Bonus

We hope you enjoyed the previous rum and the accompanying discussions :yum::tumbler_glass:

Did you already try today‘s rum? What are your guesses? Leave your comments below. As usual, we will release the name of today’s rum at 21:00.

In case you do not want to join the quiz, we can also provide you with a full list of all calendar rums.

Today's rum is:

…last but not least

Spirit of Rum Rumclub Private Selection Ed. 20 Australia 14 Years, 2007, 14 years, 65.5% | RumX

Did you recognise it? Please leave your comments and thoughts below

1 Like

Don’t fall for it, it’s Pott. (RX1182 or rather RX2988?)

4 Likes

Ey, trolling people is my job!!

4 Likes

Are you sure you really put some rum in the bottles? :speak_no_evil::blush:

3 Likes

An dieser Stelle möchte ich mich auch bei allen bedanken die an diesem hervorrangenden Kalender ihren Anteil haben, klasse Arbeit Jungs!:+1:t2:
Und wenn es wieder einen geben sollte,was ich hoffe, dann wäre ich gerne wieder dabei, vorrausgesetzt ich bin fix genug.:wink:

6 Likes

Was den heutigen Rum angeht würde ich glatt wieder auf Guyana tippen.:see_no_evil:

5 Likes

Also ein Pott denke ich eher nicht.
Falls doch, hole ich mir eine Flasche. :laughing:

Aromen von Pflaume, Traube, Kirsch, Vanille, Holz/Sägespäne. Leichter Essigstich. Am Gaumen sogar nich einen Tick fruchtiger, süß. Bin diesmal auch bei @Wernie Dauertipp: Guyana (PM). Eventuell auch Barbados oder Navy Blend (TS wäre hier auch sehr nah dran).

Gefällt mir sehr gut!:+1:

6 Likes

Nice caramel color

Nose: God, it’s a weird one…I initially sense just, pure, untamed alcohol. Swirling it around in the glass, release some light raisins notes. There might be some vanilla and wood to it, although it is really hard for me to pass through that alcohol barrier.

Some water helps releasing a little bit of fruity notes (some grapes are coming through…)

Palate: I hardly get some burnt caramel, wood, maybe some roasted almonds. Again, thanks to the water I’m able to pick some raisins and red grapes. There’s a spicy, peppery note to it that keeps the alcohol alive. ABV-wise, I guess it’s on the 55-ish.

Finish: Slightly bitter, wood, roasted almonds and burnt caramel.

Well, I really dunno what to think apart from that (in)famous Pott…:sweat_smile: (Can someone be kind enough to explain me the true origin of this I would be thankful)

EDIT: on second thought, and after let it breathe for at least 30min, the profile becomes more approachable…I agree with the others that this could come from Guyana

Thanks to all the organizers of this wonderful initiative!!! Merry Christmas guys! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ja, Barbados und Navy Blend wären die nächsten Gedanken gewesen, wobei Barbados eher Platz 3 belegen würde, da passt die Nase aber nicht der Gaumen.

5 Likes

Either my palate has been destroyed by our Christmas Dinner, or this is an overproof 151 rum. It burnt the hell in mouth and throat.

5 Likes

That would be really cruel. Its a bit less :wink:

You really have to let this one breath for an hour, then it’s much more enjoyable

5 Likes

Nase: fruchtig, Karamell.
Gaumen: beim besten Willen schmecke ich nur Alkohol…

5 Likes

Pott rum is just a very cheap “Dark” Rum (so unaged with color) widely known in germany. Long history with the rum imports manged from merchants in Flensburg. Available in (almost) every supermarket and mostly used for baking. I mean it’s not tasty on its own but only cost around 5-7€ per 700ml bottle, so what to expect.

5 Likes

Hehe, der Rum ist wirklich biestig, aber tatsächlich einer meiner persönlichen Favouriten aus diesem Jahr

5 Likes

Thank God I am not the only one. I had Orange on the palate but I do attribute that to the cut oranges nearby. Also we may have or have not put a small or not so small amount of ginger to our food today…

4 Likes

You know what other rums behave like this? Bielle’s…I had more than a couple of those…i you try to drink it straight of the bottle, the alcohol is overwhelming…after one hour it get more and more delicious :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

If ists “biestig”, maybe it’s the beast?

3 Likes

Mhmm, but we already had 3x Caroni. Is this the 4. time???

2 Likes

You do seem to like your Caronis…

5 Likes