Announcement: New tasting lottery in March with "Jack Tar" đŸ€©

We have great news for you! Since we have received that much positive feedback on the tasting lottery to celebrate the 100,000th tasting note, we decided to launch the next round!

This time we are happy to announce a collaboration with Jack Tar as our partner for the sample set - Lukasz and his team provided us with samples of some of their fascinating bottles from the past years which truly deserve the labels „old and rare“. :star_struck::rocket:
Thanks a lot to the Jack Tar team!

What are the prizes in the March lottery?
We are raffling 10 sample sets (4x 5cl). In addition to a 30-year-old Uitvlugt from 1991, there are also the two triple casks Alpha and Omega from 1988 and a Caroni Single Cask from 1997:

How can you get one of the exclusive sets?
Like last time, every community member who shares a tasting in the RumX app will automatically be entered into the drawing. For every tasting that is posted in March with a new tasting photo, you will receive one ticket for a chance to win. So the more impressions you share with the community, the higher your chances of winning one of the exciting sets. The lucky winners will be announced here in the RumX forum on 1. April.* :tumbler_glass::rocket:

Once again we’d like to send our special thanks to Jack Tar for providing us with these amazing samples! Are you interested in their exclusive rums? Check out their official online store.

* Minimum age for participation is 18 years. The shipping address must be within the EU.

33 Likes

Danke :clap: klasse Initiative :star_struck: und es motiviert, dass nicht nur ‚Extremverkoster‘ gewonnen haben.

Ich fĂ€nde es auch gut, wenn wirklich nur neue Verkostungen (oder mit substanziellen TextĂ€nderungen ĂŒberarbeitete) in den Lostopf kommen. Beim letzten Wettbewerb waren mE leider doch sehr viele alte lediglich mit Foto ‚aufgehĂŒbschte‘ Tastings dabei. Das ist dann auch etwas nervig beim DurchblĂ€ttern der ‚timeline‘

12 Likes

I also think the format is great. Of course, the chances increase the more impressions you share, but the lottery also allows you to win with just a few tickets (and a little luck). :star_struck::four_leaf_clover:

I’m already working on developing a more sophisticated system that goes in the direction you describe and can then be used in the future. Until it’s finalized, we’ll use again the system from last time.

Anyway, now I wish again all RumX community members a lot of fun with the March lottery and good luck - I keep my fingers crossed. :four_leaf_clover::tumbler_glass:

22 Likes

Even though I’m never in the lead, I love RumX lotteries! So exciting!

8 Likes

Kommt wieder der counter in der App? Ich mĂŒsste schon eine 1 haben :smiley:

3 Likes

Ist im neuesten Update schon implementiert. :star_struck::tumbler_glass:

6 Likes

Sehr cool danke!!!

2 Likes

Lots of new samples coming for the occasionđŸ€ž Beautiful initiative, great Oliver🙌

3 Likes

Zitat meiner Frau: geht das jetzt schon wieder los :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

Ranking updated with current tastings :rocket:

4 Likes

If you want to whet your appetite, here are a few impressions of the samples
 :drooling_face::tumbler_glass:

19 Likes

Nachdem ich wegen Covid-bedingtem Verlust des Geruchssinns von Oktober bis Ende Januar keinen Rum getrunken habe (Ende Januar ging es wieder), fand ich die Aktion in Februar ganz passend. LĂ€nger als einen Monat kann ich aber fast 90 Verkostungen meiner Leber nicht zumuten.
Bei der MĂ€rzaktion werde ich wohl kaum auf die Liste schaffen :joy:

7 Likes

Ich versuche es diesmal auch andersrum: weniger ist mehr ! Mit 3 samples hole ich den Jackpot :joy::joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

Every ticket counts. As seen in the last draw, even community members with relatively few tastings have been winners. So don’t let yourself be put under “pressure”, and enjoy your fine rums in a relaxed atmosphere. If you get drawn then too, all the better. :star_struck::tumbler_glass:

13 Likes

Ich möchte wirklich kein Spielverderber sein, aber kommt nur mit das so vor oder ufert das ganze ein wenig in Richtung “Masse statt Klasse” aus? Ich sehe mittlerweile so viele neue, einzelne SĂ€tze als “Bewertungen”, die im Grunde unbrauchbar sind fĂŒr eine echte Tasting-Erfahrung. Sowas wie “Toller Rum, echt gut” ist fĂŒr mich kein echter Kommentar zu einem vollen Tasting eines Rums.

8 Likes

Man muss doch gar nichts schreiben in einem Tasting, um als Eintrag in die Lotterie zu kommen, oder wurde das geÀndert?
So oder so, geht es hier “nur” um ein paar Samples und fĂŒr RumX um Content in Form von Fotos. Also QuantitĂ€t. Alles andere wĂ€re auch schwer umsetzbar :innocent:

5 Likes

It’s a kind of what you choose, either to optimize the quality of ratings, your experience or your lottery chances :slight_smile: I’m having only 2 tastings in March so far and I am still having much fun from the lotteries

7 Likes

Chart updated :heart_eyes::tumbler_glass:

4 Likes

This is crazy :fire::fire::fire:

3 Likes

Da geht noch was! :crazy_face:

2 Likes