Best bars for rum lovers

Hi everyone,

I don’t know if I’m the only one to ask myself when I visit a new city : where can I drink a special rum here ?

This section is for sharing your best bars for rum lovers.

What do you think ?

13 Likes

No you are not. This is a great idea.
The last weeks I spend several hours to find the best rum bar on Mauritius. Did not have success, sadly.

I thin the knowledge of us all would be a much better source.

2 Likes

Yes,

In this way our community can be really helpful.
But how is it possible to do so ?
Maybe making a forum category and then subcategories by country ?

4 Likes

Or making a link with each tasting made in a bar with location and then centralizing it on a map by country and by cities ?

4 Likes

With the possibility of indicating the place anytime after the tasting, so it would be quickly usable.

Some ideas ?

2 Likes

Golden Promise (La maison du Whisky / LMDW) in Paris is a Classic i can recommend. You’ll be able to taste very rare and legendary rums (and whisky’s if that’s interesting too). The guests are usually connoisseurs and you’ll be part of very nerdy discussions soon.

Pro Hint: the menu indicates 2cl and a price, but you can ask for 1cl as well and try more rums this way (before becoming poor, not drunk … you need very deep pockets to get drunk :rofl::rofl:)

3 Likes

That’s exactly the kind of aggregation and visualization based on the tasting location I’ve already planned. As soon as there are enough data points, I will take care of it :relaxed::raised_hands:t3:.

Additionally, a general listing here sounds exciting as well. I’ll give some thought to how best to structure this as well.

9 Likes

Perfect !

I hope it will set up soon.

3 Likes

How can I help ?

2 Likes

When you add an out-of-home tasting in RumX, you can search for locations in the tasting wizard and assign the tasting to a bar or restaurant. Later, I can generate a visualization per city that shows the most visited tasting locations - and you can even see what is in the selection there. This is a really cool feature! :sunglasses::call_me_hand:t3:

9 Likes

I haven’t noticed it.
I’ll give a try

2 Likes

Didn‘t know to add a location to tastings in the app….so I‘ll give it a try. Sounds interesting

2 Likes

Hey!

does anyone know a good rum dealer around venice?

1 Like

Hi Marv,
when I was in Venice last August I visited Millevini close to Rialto bridge. Upon request they had a hand written list of Caronis including the respective prices. Anyway they told me that they don’t sell those bottles. Beside those they had the one or other agricole.
Regards from Vienna!

2 Likes

I was there last September and visited some shops. In my opinion there is no good rum shop in Venice. correct me if i’m wrong

1 Like

I was there this spring and went to a place where they had two Caronis at normal price. It’s more a bar and a chichetteria than an enoteca.
The name is La Bottiglia on the Campo San Stin.

4 Likes

Hi, someone here knows a few good shops in Milano ?

Cigares

Impressions from The Drifter in Gent (BE), a Tiki bar with a huge selection of quality rums

17 Likes

Part two:

Zombie with their own blend of 11 rums. It’s very good.

Paloma en llamas

2cl of their ultimate blend. In the book everything is recorded what goes in & out.

18 Likes

I am travelling to Paris tomorrow.
Is there a good rum bar around I do not want to miss. Appart of the 1802 bar?

2 Likes