Books on rum - any recommendations?

Is there also some information available for those without a Zuckerberg account? That video looks promising, but can’t access it on his page.

I am afraid, I don‘t think so.

The exclusive book subscription through RumX will launch on April 25… :shushing_face::heart_eyes:

For the launch, we will also publish detailed background information here, such as an interview with Steffen.

11 Likes

Wenn ich es richtig mitbekommen habe, dann soll das Buch wohl so um die 300 € kosten

2 Likes

Since the subscription serves to pre-finance Steffen’s book, there will be a small price advantage for those who will pre-order the book via the limited contingent of RumX. Details will follow on April 25th at the latest. :smirk::tumbler_glass:

1 Like
As a bonus, all books sold via the RumX contingent will be signed by Luca.

Right, Olli??? :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

1 Like

…or by all those ‚Dicky‘, ‚Sarge‘, ‚Breeze‘ … of the employee series :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

If you like more informations about the book, please join the group Caroni - 100% Trinidad Rum on Facebook: Redirecting...

3 Likes

The wait is over: :partying_face: :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

Hi Oliver, der Link leitet mich nur weiter zur App, aber dort nur zu den neusten Verkostungsnotizen.

hast du die neueste App Version (10.6.9) installiert? Ich musste auch ein Update machen, bevor ich auf die Seite kam (im xplore tab)

1 Like

Ja, das war der Grund, danke.

1 Like

Du könntest dich an der Sammelbestellung für Modern Caribbean Rum beteiligen, dort ließe sich auch Minimalist Tiki in die Sammelbestellung aufnehmen

https://community.rum-x.com/t/modern-caribbean-rum-a-book-by-matt-pietrek-cocktailwonk/

4 Likes

Das hört sich super an!:blush: Wie wären denn die Konditionen?
Auf deinen Link habe ich leider keinen Zugriff…

3 Likes

I think it’s because the topic title changed. This will work I hope😉

2 Likes

Kondititionen sind abhängig vom Bestellvolumen. Ich werde heute Abend mal ein paar Beispiele in dem Thread posten

3 Likes

“Minimalist Tiki” würde ich auf jeden Fall schon einmal mitordern!!:point_up:t4::grin:

3 Likes

A new “big” book on rum is hitting the market. It seems Matt Pietrek wasn’t the only one recognising an emty market niche.
Rhum, par Cyrille Mald, aux éditions Hachette : un livre très complet (lacompagniedurhum.com)
tete-a-tete-avec-cyrille-mald - Blog (lacompagniedurhum.com)
I found a French and an Italian version. As of today it seems there is no English version to be released.
Does anyone here have more information?

6 Likes

End of last year Modern Caribbean Rum by Matt Pietrek / Carrie Smith hit the shelves. As there isn’t any review out there on RumX yet, I want to share my opinion for those who are undecided.

The first part covers history and production methods on a high level of detail. Even a small chapter deals with the specific elements of Ron production.

Next some chapters on rum business, bulk trade (Scheer and Main), WIRSPA and regulations. Those topics weren’t covered in any book yet and are a real asset.

Now we are coming to the core of the book. Rum producing countries and the respective destilleries.
Some are covered in more depht, highly comprehensive and there are many pictures (e.g. Mount Gay), some aren’t covered (e.g. Neisson). I assume this is a result on insight Matt got within his role at WIRSPA. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Three things I want to point out here:
Ron / spanish style is covered pretty comprehensive.
Matt did a clever move on Caroni, he didn’t try to compete with Steffen Mayers book.
DDL’s operation is covered very extensive, there is even a layout plan of the stills at Diamond.

The only thing I have to criticise on the book is the layout and the quality of the photo reproduction. Some kind of 2005 quality. But I know I’m picky here.

As of today the book is the benchmark encyclopedia on Rum, it gives deep insight in all rum related topics. It is a must have for the serious rum lover. Point.

13 Likes

I’m reading it and it’s fantastic, truly encyclopedic with all the distilleries in the world described for each country, detailed insights into most of these, interviews and very useful tasting tips. In my opinion the most complete book on Rums ever :star_struck:
Every Rum enthusiast, from the most amateur to the most expert, should have this Bible at home.
Ps: There is also the RumX forum as a source for Guyanese marks😁

7 Likes