Confused about points

Hi, since points are a thing now in this community I’m a little confused that there seems to be a bug with likes for me. For example I look at my Velier Vieux Sajous 4yrs tasting and it says 4 likes but when I actually click on it the original 28 likes show up. What gives? For the points unfortunately it seems the incorrect 4 likes is the one that is taken into account. I’ve noticed this happening on multiple tastings. So basically, why are not all my actual likes taken into account? Since you introduced points this stuff all of a sudden starts to matter for, I suppose, a sense of community respectability so a clarification would be appreciated why there’s a two-tiering of likes going on.

3 Likes

Hey Godspeed,

thanks for your feedback. Which rums (other than the two Sajous) are affected in your case? This will help me narrow down the problem and see where a bug has crept in.

1 Like

Hi Oliver, I will not go through each one of my 157 reviews to check this. If this bug is too annoying to deal with for you without that effort then just leave it. Thanks.

2 Likes

I have found out the same and also eventually realized what it is. If you re-visit a tasted rum an switch off the slider “share with community”, the rum resets its like count when you put it back online. I always un-share my rums if i work on several rums as there is no way to taste side by side.

8 Likes

Thanks @Serge, clear explanation. Hopefully this bug gets sorted out soon so there’s a unison like count that gets carried over regardless of clicking “share with community” or not.

1 Like

Had the same problem back in the days as well multiple times. Was kind of mad that I lost a big number of likes. Interesting that this problem is still occurring… @Oliver helped me back then already

1 Like

Bei mir sind auch Punkte „verschwunden“.
Ich hatte durch In-App-Käufe Punkte bekommen. Leider war bei der letzten Bestellung eine Fehllieferung dabei, die ich wieder zurückschicken musste. Die Rückzahlung der Anschaffungskosten dieser einen Flasche erfolgte sofort, soweit alles gut.
Heute sind jedoch alle erhaltenen Punkte für diesen In-App-Kauf gelöscht worden.
Ich verstehe absolut, dass die Punkte gelöscht werden, die ich für die rückerstattete Fehllieferung bekommen habe, allerdings sollte ich doch eigentlich die Punkte für die zweite, erworbene Flasche behalten können, oder?
Wäre nett, wenn du da mal drüberschauen könntest @Oliver .

1 Like

Danke für Dein Feedback, @Boletus. Ich habe mir das gerade angeschaut und ich finde eine stornierte und eine erfolgreiche Bestellung bei Dir im Account. Für die erfolgreiche Bestellung wurden die RX-Punkte korrekt gutgeschrieben. Für stornierte Bestellungen kann ich leider keine RX-Punkte vergeben, da in diesem Fall verständlicherweise auch die RumX-Provison an den Shop-Partner rückerstattet wird. Wenn Du danach aber eine andere Flasche im RumX Marktplatz kaufst erhältst Du dadurch natürlich wieder RX-Punkte.

4 Likes

I will investigate the bug regarding the likes counter in detail today and check in which edge cases the cache is not computed correctly. I will keep you posted.

2 Likes

Das war aber nur ein Teilstorno.
Der Bally wurde bezahlt und bleibt bei mir, der Caroni war die falsche Abfüllung und geht zurück.
Dass für die stornierte Flasche nichts gut geschrieben werden kann, verstehe ich.

3 Likes

Wenn Teilstornos bilateral zwischen Nutzer und Shop-Partner vereinbart werden kann ich das leider nicht sehen und entsprechend auch nicht im System nachvollziehen. Laut Zahlungsprovider wurde Deine erste Bestellung über den RumX Marktplatz vollständig rückerstattet.

4 Likes

Okay, verstehe das Problem. Das ist natürlich für euch auch nicht optimal, da ihr ja dann gar keine Provision bekommt.
Vielleicht kannst du ja mit dem Shopbetreiber noch einmal Kontakt aufnehmen, um das Ganze zu klären.
Meine RumX-Punkte sind mir letztlich nicht so wichtig, aber dass ihr Provision für einen getätigten In-App-Kauf bekommt, sollte eigentlich schon sein.

7 Likes

I have been a bit confused about the points, and the requirements, so I’ve made some adjustments to earlier tastings, just to meet requirements (adding tasting and a few more words). Unfortuntely the edit results in the tasting being dated as the edit-date

3 Likes

I have been investigating the problem intensively over the last few days and have found the bug. In rare cases, there was an error in the calculation of the cached likes counter. This bug has now been fixed and I have just recalculated and updated all values. Now everything should be synchronized again and the correct number of likes should be displayed for each post. Thanks for your hints. :smiling_face::raised_hands:t3:

8 Likes

I’m also currently working on storing the gathered reactions (likes, wows, …), even if the tasting is set to “private” temporarily. There will be an update on this in the coming days.

6 Likes

Fantastic! Thank you sincerely @Oliver for your diligence with this issue. With such commitment at the helm no wonder this app just keeps getting better and better :clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

Tachchen,

Sollte ich für die von mir hier durchgeführten FT nicht auch Punkte in der App kriegen?

Halb so wild, wenn nicht. Aber ich dachte, ich frage mal nach.

2 Likes

Dauert immer eine Weile bis die Splits als beendet markiert sind (manueller Prozess) und im nächsten Lauf die Punkte aktualisiert werden. Also einfach eine Weile gedulden :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Oliver wollte noch mal nachfragen, wie das aussieht. Meine vier FTs sind inzwischen ja schon über einen Monat her. :wink:

1 Like

Hey Bene,

sind sie schon in diese Kategorie verschoben worden?
https://community.rum-x.com/c/marketplace/archive/46

2 Likes