February is a time to celebrate! Win samples of the best rums of 2022 šŸ¤©

I donā€™t think there is a method that prevents all kinds of exploitation. I feel that the described approach is a fair and transparent basis for evaluation, which underlines what itā€™s all about: the fun of tasting and sharing impressions. :star_struck::tumbler_glass:

11 Likes

Genau so soll es sein :blush:

6 Likes

Werden Fotos von Samplen mit Glas auch akzeptiert? Wenn man den Namen auf der Flasche sieht?

5 Likes

Wow, thatā€™s very generous! Exciting to taste in february too :wink:

5 Likes

I purposely made another order of samples to review :love_you_gesture: Excellent initiative, I always want to leave a description in the rating also to better remember certain details myself as well as share them with others, Salute!
Ps: (unfortunately I canā€™t use the forum from the app and since I use a google account the credentials are not valid from the browser)

6 Likes

4 sets

1 Like

@les nope itĀ“s 10 sets.

quote from Oliver initial post:

A chance to win 1 of 10 breathtaking sample sets (4x 2cl), which includes all the winners of the annual recap:

3 Likes

Shit, my plan was to conclude the tasting of 2022 rum calendar, since I was not able to do it until now due to COVID. I hope photos with the samples are also OK :joy:
Regarding the personal notes:
I like them from some users, others are not very informative. On the other hand, some use the spider graph (which I really like) and others donā€™t.
And there are users which gives only a subjective number rating without any further information, no graph, no personal note, no tasting keywords.
If we start to require further input besides the photo, then only a complete input would be fair (color, spider graph, keywords, personal comments).

6 Likes

Hi,

this is really a good idea. I hope i will win one of the sample sets. But in my opionion the tasting notes are much more ā€œvaluableā€ then a picture of a glass/bottle.

In this point i agree totally with @Thunderbird, @Frank and @mto75. Even when @BjoernNi is a litte bit afraid of people with bad behavior, the benefit for us all is the explaination about the rating.
There are lots of ratings which are hard to understand without a word about the why and thats a pity. For example my ratings about the Sonthi rum, which had an average rating of 80 but my personal one was only forty. Now you can think i am an idiot or read my explaination that 30 grams of sugar its not a real rum for me.

And like every rating it is my or your subjective impression/experience so be nice and respect other opinions :wink:

Back to the topic: I would highly welcome when tasting notes are ā€œpushedā€ next time :smiley:

Thank you all
Matthias

9 Likes

Hi BjoerenNI
like thunderbird i am also surpised, no shocked, about your experience. Hopefully no one expects highly professional tasting notes with all kind of technical terms. I want to encourage you: Just share your impressions, even a smells like Havanna Club or perfect with coke can help :wink:

regards
Matthias

9 Likes

Regards to @Oliver for this fantastic opportunity to win some monster rum samples!

I agree with you @w00tAN, and to me this was one of the conclusions in the discussion about RumX rating system and rating guide

6 Likes

Nice! I honestly havenā€™t seen this discussion.
I will read it later. Thank you for sharing it!

3 Likes

We have discussed a lot how we can make the event as transparent and fair as possible. The criterion of adding a tasting photo has prevailed in order to create a certain hurdle and thus not provoke ā€œre-postingā€ of old tastings.

Of course, we welcome the most detailed tasting notes, preferably with comments and tags/sliders, but again: We did not want to create an incentive for random comments and non-selective tags in order to maintain the integrity of the rating portal. Therefore, we considered the criterion of a new tasting photo as the most appropriate - but of course we are aware that this is also not a perfect solution - but I think a very good one.

However, as I said, in the end itā€™s all about one thing: The fun of tasting and sharing impressions. :heart_eyes::tumbler_glass:

17 Likes

Mist, mit 2 bin ich aktuell schon rausā€¦wird vermutlich schwer, da mithalten zu kƶnnen (ohne irgendwie im
Dauerdelirium zu enden :wink:)

8 Likes

You have the chance to win a sample set with only one tasting. A lot of tastings are no guarantee for a drawing, but only increase the chances. :nerd_face::tumbler_glass:

7 Likes

ja, ich weiss, und ich sehe das ja auch entspannt, wie Du geschrieben hattestā€¦itā€˜s about the fun of tasting and sharing impressions :blush:

7 Likes

Yes, definitely! We are a tasting community and it is obviously impossible to have a bottle of each rum release at home - samples are the perfect option to taste a wide range of different rums and are therefore considered absolutely equal to a full bottle in this little competition. To make the picture specific it would of course help to see the label on the sample bottle though. :wink:
Weā€™re looking forward to your tasting notes!

7 Likes

I always taste a whole bottle with 70cl so it will be hard to get among the top ten as I can only drink one rum a day :joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

List updated. :star_struck::tumbler_glass:

5 Likes

This is crazy ! Great News.
Big up to the team.

2 Likes