Really terrible rums

Volle Zustimmung, @MrRumantic.

Ich sehe, wir haben einen ähnlichen Geschmack … äh … Negativgeschmack, müsste man ja eigentlich sagen. :wink:

5 Likes

Volle Zustimmung. Habe den auch blind gekauft weil ich dachte bei RA kann man nichts falsch machen. War irgendwie der Anfang vom Ende bei RA. Hab die mal darauf angesprochen am Stand… da waren die Herren auch nicht amused :face_with_diagonal_mouth:. Das der in Coke funktioniert ist ja eher ein trauriger Nebeneffekt. Dafür war er nicht gedacht. Definitiv one of the worst was die Erwartungshaltung angeht.

Für den Preis würd ich ihn aber dann doch nehmen wenn @zabo verzichtet :rofl:

5 Likes

Der bleibt in Franken :wink:

2 Likes

Oh ja….den RX44 hatte ich vor vielen vielen Jahren mal blind gekauft i.d.H. der taugt was (ich war jung und brauchte das Geld nicht :slight_smile: ).
Absoluter oberscheiss……
Aber was für ein geiler Cuba !!!

7 Likes

Whiskybroker Diamond RX2041. Holz und Alkohol. Nach jedem 2cl Sample hatte ich am nächsten Tag ordentlich Kopfschmerzen.

Das war noch vor RumX und der Möglichkeit, Rum per Sample vorzuselektieren. Fehlkauf inkl. Rumauctioneer-Aufschlag. :wood::wood::wood:

6 Likes

Rx17730 Firkin - this was neither rum nor whiskey but left an unpleasant aftertaste.
At the time of tasting this rum was unknown to the database. I created it anyway to warn people to avoid :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

For me, the really bad experience was the mhoba strand 101 (first version). Just the total disagreement with my personal tastes: totally unbalanced, the profile full of esters but in all that is unpleasant and aggressive, and the infusion of wood chips is just infamous for my palate…

I then tasted some of mhoba’s other bottlings, which were less unpleasant for me, but nothing I particularly liked either.

8 Likes

Recently tasted rum which I find, well not peak of terrible, but far from enjoyable is RX17849, which remembered me of RX8043. That amount of smoke is too much.

4 Likes

I know terrible is a little bit too harsh. But the heritage, the expected quality and the communicated significance of the release and what’s inside… :wink: :wink: :wink:

Saint James AOC Anniversary (velier.it)

8 Likes

Da geh ich absolut mit @Joachim
Glaube da hat Luca Seifenlauge statt Rum abgefüllt. Fand ich persönlich genauso schlimm wie diese vier Abfüllungen von FRC Ecuador.

5 Likes

Wie war das noch mal?

“I could piss in a bottle and sell it…”
—Luca Gargano

:wink:

7 Likes

Naja zwischen “fürchterlich” und “Erwartungen nicht erfüllt” liegen ja auch nochmal ein paar Welten.

6 Likes

Mein übelster Rum kam von Romdeluxe, da wurde einfach nur UHU-Kleber in verdünnter Form verkauft!!! :partying_face: RX12168

12 Likes

Wahnsinn was alles verkauft wird.

3 Likes

Der hat bei mir mit 0,7 Punkten als schlechtester Rum ever abgeschnitten

3 Likes

Das klingt so schlecht, dass ich direkt etwas neugierig werde :smiley:

8 Likes

Very interesting topic ! I think the approach of terrible rums can be done in different ways, for instance a cheap rum that is just flavorless and dull as hell, or a super concentrated sweet « rum liquor » that can make you puke, or even a premium release that was just so bad that it completely disappoints.

In my case here are the palms :

• RX10123, a release that impacted me for its dullness in every single aspect, and even the price is a rip off at this level. I struggled a lot to make a review out of it :sweat_smile:

• RX17345 and RX16245 in the category of premium bottles were massive upsets for me. That’s the kind of bottling that could hurt your brand image, literally. You just have a kind of watery and spicy spirit without any character or charisma, and for their price release that’s just terrible. I haven’t tried yet the Cuban rum from RA, which holds on his reputation apparently from what I read :sweat_smile:.

• RX605…. The antechrist of rum… I think you need to try it just to understand it… a friend invited me and he offered me a glass of that… I had to throw it away in the sink… if you want a good laugh you can check my review on it, that’s a good sum up of everything… and it’s also my lowest grade ever (purely justified :grin:)

Overall, what I keep in mind is that trying a terrible rum is not such a bad experience, as it allows us to appreciate more what we have and drink afterwards :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers y’all !

16 Likes

Stimmt, den hatte ich schon verdrängt. Der führt bei mir auch die Negativ-Liste an

4 Likes

RX10224 is an example of a premium rum that was bottled after its long term death :skull: in the cask. Flavors of cat pee and urinal stones.

10 Likes

Stimmt, der war auch ungenießbar für mich. Hat wie verbranntes Leder geschmeckt. Oder als ob man einen Teebeutel im Wasser über Nacht gelassen hat und am nächsten Morgen trinkt. Und natürlich die räudigen Aschenbecher-Assoziationen.

5 Likes