Rhum Fest Paris 2024

I’m really curious to see Cyrille Mald’s selection🥃

3 Likes

I’ll probably be there on Saturday.

4 Likes

Hey hey !
I’ll be there with 2-3 friends and other people from our local (north of France) rhum club :slight_smile:
What’s up guys ? what are your expectations ?!

4 Likes

@cigares

2 Likes

Hi,

I’ve sent you a pm.

1 Like

Yesterday evening with @cigares @MikeH @TheRhumHoe
They tried to make me love caroni but they couldn’t achieve this :joy:

30 Likes

It was great to meet again. It was a lovely evening!

But, mood of the day:

23 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Looks like the previous day was a hit :tumbler_glass:

5 Likes

:wink::wink:

19 Likes

Plantation Masterclass

13 Likes

Would have loved to be there :heart:

3 Likes

That line-up has to be the most interesting of the whole show. Would love to hear your thoughts on these 4!

13 Likes

I’ll do it later. Some more rums to taste now :innocent:

10 Likes

looks indeed very interesting! Seems to be the first tasting with rum from the old refurbished Rockley still?

5 Likes

In fact it’s the first time this rum is tasted outside Barbados. Alexandre Gabriel bought it with him on the plane back from Barbados just before the RF. The one I tasted was only 3 months old in the wood.

7 Likes

Very nice, guys! Good to read all your stories!
My whole trip to the festival was incredibly delayed by public transport. I was supposed to arrive at 12 for the start but I only managed to arrive at 16:30. Had to leave after 30 minutes to catch my train back… most disappointing experience I ever had

2 Likes

Amazing Line-Up! This is what I want for the next Planteray Masterclass for Rum-X :star_struck:

14 Likes

So a little retex on that tasting.

The two guys with Alexandre Gabriel are Benoît Bail and Jerry Gitany co-founders of “La Confrérie du Rhum” which had the idea of Stade’s Rum.

14 Likes

It’s a rum from Barbados reduced at 56% and with what is considered high esters for Barbados (247 gr.) distilled in the Vulcan still. The nose is fruity with tropical fruits and spices (pepper). The mouth has a lot of fruits too, specially citrus peel at the end. A good price/quality ratio at around 62€.

16 Likes

For this one it seems that it’s the first time a distillate from the restored still is tasted outside the distillery. The still was laying abandoned when AG bought the distillery. He decided to restore it and had to bring it back to France. The rum we had was only 3 months in a cask. It was double distilled in the still with 4-5 days of fermentation. The nose is very aromatic with a lot of fruits and esters. The mouth is hesitating between roughness and elegance with a soft start with fruits but also smoke, tar and old wood.

Here we had two rums from the Vulcan still, reduced at the same ABV from 82,2%. The only (and big difference) is the raw material : molasses or pure Cane Juice. Both were twice distillated in the Vulcan.

The Cane Juice was both elegant and powerful in the nose with a impression of “burned Cane”. The mouth was powerful and rough with herbal notes and red fruits.

The Molasses is much softer on the nose with leather and varnished wood. The mouth is alike and some length is missing at the end.

19 Likes